How Low Can You Go

Summer Challenge--Week 5

>> Friday, June 25, 2010








Down 2 from last week, good stuff. This is a new low! Yeah!

Let's review how I did with this weeks goals:

1.Lose 25 pounds (193.8) CHECK! Down this week!  Woot Woot! Goal is to be down next week also, if I can do this I will be ecstatic--212 or lower next week that is the goal
2. Try a new physical activity each week CHECK! Did the 5K walk and I am going to a Zumba class tomorrow, I haven't done Zumba in so long and the class is with my favorite teacher.  Next week, I am going to try some Aqua Fitness classes, will keep you posted.
3. Make a new healthy recipe each week CHECK! I made these banana, cranberry, almond muffins and they were delicious.  Here is the recipe:

 Banana Cranberry Almond Muffins
2 cups whole wheat four
2 tbsp sugar (I did one sugar, one stevia--natural sweetener)
3 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup milk
3 bananas (they were going bad) but in reality you only need about 1 cup
Handful of almonds ground
Handful of dried cranberries

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.  Stir together.  Make a wheel at the centre.  In a medium sized bowl, beat egg until frothy.  Mix in butter, milk, bananas, cranberries and almonds.  Pour into wheel.  Stir only to moisten.  Batter will be lumpy.  Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 400F oven for 20-25 minutes.  Let stand for 5 minutes.  remove from pan.  Serve warm, makes about 12-16 muffins.

For the first time since I started this challenge I have complete all the goals that I have set for myself.  I am happy about the weight loss, but I feel as if it could have been more.  I woke up this morning feeling very bloated and I am sure that it is from the Lebanese food that I had for dinner last night.  I am delighted that I am so close to my 211 goal and I hope that I can reach that by next week.
 
Summer is here and this means that I will need to revisit my summer resolutions.  Jazz Festival starts today so I will have to go downtown and check out a few of the free shows.
 
Started Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred and everything was going well until those damn front raises and chair sits.  I have come to the conclusion that my shoulders are very weak.  We then had to do plank jumping jacks which I had to stop and side twists that were a biatch.  Wow, Level 2 is not a joke,wish me luck.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

M June 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

You are doing so awesome! Be proud of yourself. You're on your way!

Ro June 25, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

CHECK!
CHECK! CHECK!
Well Check it then girl!
*snaps*
That's what I'm talking about.
Way to go!!!!
2 lbs is great and your hard work shows up on that scale!

Chayah June 25, 2010 at 1:15 PM  

Congrats indeed! Keep up the good work!

Trina June 25, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

Imma give your a ^5 and 1 SHAZAM! KUDOS on your loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GFS June 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

Do it Do it Do it!!!

Anonymous,  June 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Great job!

LeeLee June 27, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

Congratulations on your weight loss! You are doing Fabulous!! I loved Level 2 the best! Get it in Girl!!! Those Muffins sound so tasty, thank you for the recipe. Keep on Pushing!!!

Nona July 2, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

Well done!!! You must be chuffed!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates