How Low Can You Go

Running in the Rain

>> Sunday, June 6, 2010

Today we had a walk/run with the running clinic, but it was pouring rain.  This was my first experience running in the rain.  It wasn't to bad, but by the end I was cold and my socks and shoes were wet.  Nevertheless,  I felt great.  Tomorrow we start the 1 minute walk/1 minute run circuit.  I know that I will be fine with this because I have done it on the treadmill.  What I am worried about is when we get to the 1 minute walk/ 5 minute run and more. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.
   After that I headed to the gym for a quick workout, which was delightful (except for me standing in front of the dryer in the changing room drying my socks!)

They are going to have some summer aquafit classes at my local community centre at the end of June until August.  I think that I am going to sign up. The only time that I have even done aqua fitness was at the resort in Dominican.  I was the youngest person in the pool (besides the hot instructor) but it was a blast.

Another song that I am really feeling at the moment is Billionaire by Travis McCoy (from Gym Class Heroes).  When I hear this, I can't help but have a smile on my face. Love the line,  "I'd probably pull a Angelina and Brad Pitt,  and adopt a bunch of babies that ain't never had sh**t"



Happy Sunday!

7 comments:

Ro June 6, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

Wow...running in the rain sounds so cool to me :-) Way to go.
And the fact that you went to work out after is even better!

Tammy June 7, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

Great job on all that exercise girl! I've got a job interview today, woo hoo! :)

galbaby June 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

Don't worry about the 5/1 run/walk. By the time that you get there you will be more than prepared for it. I remember a time when 1-1 was hard, now that I've gotten to running consistently for 30 minutes I can't believe that I used to think it was hard. You can do it. And I do like running in the rain but I hate wet socks. Yuck.

Dee Dee June 7, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

I love hearing about the new things you try. You inspire me!

GFS June 8, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

I love this song too!

Nona June 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

Good for you for not letting the rain get in your way!!!

Am loving this song and video. Thanks!!!

LadyRoz June 11, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

Travis is so damn Fine. I love him. My future Baby daddy...lol.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates