How Low Can You Go

Sigh

>> Saturday, June 12, 2010

Last night I was at the gym, I saw this couple working out.  Both of them were overweight and the man was hitting the weights hard, great.  Now the women is who I want to talk about, the whole time that her man is doing his thing she is looking at him, that's it. Not once did she even try to do one weight lifting exercise!  All she did was give him a peck between sets, really sweet. I don't know why this makes me so mad.  What is she afraid of?  She is at the gym with him, so why not try and get yourself into shape one time? Kill two birds with one stone, date night and getting sexy! Sigh, I wish I was the type of person that could go up to her and say something....

Run tomorrow, hope that it is not raining, the weather man says 40% chance of rain.

10 comments:

M June 12, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

I'm with you on this. The thing I have to remind myself is that everyone is in different places when it comes to motivation. You're either motivated or not.

Gabby June 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

I have to say, you never know the situation. Maybe she really hates the gym and she's just there because she loves him. Maybe she's hurt, maybe she hates weights. You never know.

I always just try to not think that way of people because I'm always terrified of someone thinking that way of me.

purple_moonflower June 12, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

That actually dumbfounds me too. I know I don't know her situation, but I see this happening too much at the gym and it makes me wonder why? I just go into the weight room and do my stuff. ;-)

Herbal Alternatives June 12, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

somebody should tell her that sometimes lifting weights could be better than sex lol

Gabby June 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

P.S. I hope I didn't come of snippy. D:
There are plenty of times I see girls waft in and out of the gym (all done up like it's a party) and make little remarks in my head when they walk around saying they don't want to lift weights because muscles are ugly.

Just giving my two cents. :)

LeeLee June 13, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

I agree with M on this one! Everyone is in a different place when it comes to motivation....if you don't have Motivation you won't be successful! Oh the stories I can share about this!!! SMH!

Lisa June 13, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

...or it could be her day off and she was there to simply support her guy - she might have done her three days of weights already... ; )

Lisa June 13, 2010 at 1:10 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
PhluffyPrincess June 15, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

Yep...I ditto your feelings. My cousin recently lost about 40 lbs. His wife had at least 50 to lose. She gained while he was losing!!!! How that is possible, I have no idea. I always say I would love to have a partner to workout with, but as has been said, everybody is in a different place!

Nona June 16, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

LOL!!! Maybe she was living vicariously!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates