How Low Can You Go

Learn to Run--Week 4

>> Monday, June 21, 2010

Today at the Learn To Run clinic, we talked to about what clothing that we should wear to run, we talked about everything from bras and underwear (cotton is bad) to what to wear in the winter.  I found a really nice Under Armour top that I think I am going to buy to wear for the 5 K race (I need to look good when they take me to the hospital I cross the finish line).  We then went for our 20 minute run, 1 minute walk ,3 minute run.  To be honest it really wasn't that bad.  I found the transition from running 1 min to running 2 min alot harder that running from 2 to 3 minutes.  Wednesday is our 5K Weight Watchers walk, the only problem is they are calling for thunder showers, uh oh.

I am sticking to my ridiculous schedule, I am really excited about the 5K run on July 3.  I told my friend that the only thing is I do not want to come in last, he replied, "Someone has to." Everyone is a comedian.  Today I did a 40 min walk on the treadmill instead of the 40 min cycle I stated in the One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest schedule.  While I walked I watched some Cake Boss, Intervention even Last Comic Standing, it was great.  I must admit that my feet are hurting a bit.  I really think that it is time for new shoes.

When I think that I can shower and go to bed, no, no ,no, I have a date with Jillian.  I think that I am going to meet her in the mornings from now on because it is too late to be out with her at night, she gets me all sweaty and then I can't sleep.  Today is Day 7, I am almost done Level 1 , I really cannot believe it.

I have turned a new leaf in the relationship department, instead of saying I will never meet anyone, I am changing my tune,  I wake up and say maybe today I will met someone.  I still think I need a bit more time before I can believe it.  My mom is always dropping little comments my favorite one is,"I wonder if WE will ever have a wedding..."  Ah mother's you have to love them, but there are times when you just want to tape their mouth's shut.

Hope everyone enjoyed the longest day of the year!

Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it.
 Establish your priorities and go to work
--H. L. Hunt

11 comments:

M June 22, 2010 at 12:42 AM  

Gosh... I could've used some tape for my mother-in-law this past weekend! You are so funny!

Chayah June 22, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

Too funny! And pass me the tape cuz my mom has struck again.

Anonymous,  June 22, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

I had my first date with Jillian last night and boy was it a rough one, LOL!! It was definitely a butt kicker but the strange thing is, I can't wait to see her again tonight, LOL!!

Oh and you will meet that special someone. Just be patient. It seems to always come when you least expect it. You just keep doing your thing and it will happen. :)

LeeLee June 22, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

You are cracking me up!!! (Having to look good when they take you to the hospital) LMAO you know you're wrong! You are doing so well, you will cross that finish line and it won't be last place!!! I'm so proud of you getting the Shred in amongst other things!! I'm scared of you! LOL!!! Have a good one!!!

Corletta June 22, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

I don't know if your feet hurting comes from needing new shoes. It could be that you are wearing the wrong shoes or socks for your feet. You WILL know when you need knew shoes based on the way your shins (sp) feel. They will hurt like all get out :(

Ro June 22, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

You will most definitely cross that finish line! loll....
Someone special is there waiting on you. Just keep being you. and when you find him I want alllll the details...blow by blow..LMAO
ok no foreal..
Thanks for the compliments and comments...I am 5 6" with a very huge head. :-)

Trina June 22, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

OMG! I sometimes want to choke my mom when she says stuff like that. And it doesn't help that she's a wedding coordinator. Good luck on your 5K and trust me...you won't come in last. Coming in last was a fear of mine, and I didn't come in last...close but nor last.

As for workout clothes, I look for fabric that wicks sweat from the skin. And as for bras, I went to a bra fitting party and found out I was wearing the wrong size. A great brand of sports bras is Moving Comfort. Check out your local run store.

Enjoy and good luck on your WW walk!

Rusti June 22, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

even if you finish last, you will have accomplished a goal. you can do it, and have pride in what you have done and will do in the future when you cross that finish line.
~Rusti

PhluffyPrincess June 23, 2010 at 4:42 AM  

I really loved this post. I really am considering trying to become a runner...I've found a few helpful resources on how to get started and its inspiring hearing about your training. I'm still dating Jillian as well...although our relationship is extremely rocky!

AMEN TO WE WILL MEET SOMEONE! Lately, I've gotten quite a few "So...when are you gonna have some kids?!?!" And I tentatively look down at my left hand and say...when that finger is occupied!

Juanette June 25, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

I am a new reader to your blog and I kept thinking in my head *I wonder who Jillian is* lol! I am loving your quotes and keep it up! The man will come, I am waiting on mine too....

Nona July 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

Okay, so what have I missed???? Lots it seems. Like the gorgeous new look here at Black Girl Gets Fit. Love it, love it, love it!!!

Since you're going hard core on the running, maybe you should visit a good running shop and get a new pair of shoes that will support and protect your joints.

Re: romance. It's only a matter of time before that megawatt smile melts some man's heart darling.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates