How Low Can You Go

Discount Workout Wear and A Movie Review

>> Tuesday, June 22, 2010

       In Canada we have a lovely store called Winners, basically it has named brand clothes at discount prices. The only problem is you have to really LOOK and have patience.  I used to hate this store until a friend of mine constantly had beautiful clothes and shoes from this place.  So I began to have patience, every time I am in a mall with a Winners, I go take a look, if I find something I like I buy it, because you know what happens when you don't buy something you like, when you first see it, next time you go it is gone!  I always buy my workout stuff there, Nike pants and tops because they are always WAY cheaper than at the regular sports clothing store.  I got a hot pink DriFit Nike top for 23$.  I am going to wear it to the 5K walk tomorrow.  I saw the same ones at the Running Room for 45$.
I am keeping up with my crazy running schedule and I will review it on Saturday (one week before the race).  I have been working like an Alabama slave, I better have  a loss at weigh in on Friday.

I am excited for the 5K walk tomorrow, I am bringing some yummy watermelon for the potluck at the end.  You really can't go wrong with watermelon after exercise.

Got to go, Jillian is calling me.  Today is the 8th day of our relationship.  Things are going well.  Last night, I didn't really give her much attention, but we got through it.  I cannot wait for Level 2, bring it on!

P.S.  Just came back from Toy Story 3, if you like cartoon movies (The Incredibles, Monsters vs. Aliens) then you will LOVE this.  A must see if you have kids (or if you are a kid at heart like me!) TWO THUMBS UP! BTW when you go to the movies order the kids combo, I always do it now.  It's cheaper, you can satisfy your popcorn craving and you get a small chocolate and a "small" drink! I able to enjoy the movie without the guilt!

9 comments:

Chayah June 22, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

Ok yeah I've got to go and see TS3. I was trying to wait until my daughter came home from NC but WTH. Too many people have said it's good. I can't wait any longer.

PhluffyPrincess June 23, 2010 at 4:54 AM  

Hey girl...sounds like that store is a winner! I've been in love with the Danskin Now line available at Wal-Mart lately. Good luck in your run, I just know you are going to do awesome!

Ro June 23, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Good luck tomorrow I know you'll do great!
Keep pushing.
Oh and I too LOVE LOVE those movies. I can watch the incredibles over an dover. Toy Stry is on my list for sure.

LeeLee June 23, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

I'm taking my kids this weekend to see TS3 I think they have the best actors in this!

Is it me or am I the only one that finds workout clothing too dang on expensive? You found a great deal but, I still find $23 a lot of money for workout gear. I had to break down and buy some new sports bras girl I almost died when I saw they were marked down to $2.99 at Target, CHAMPION brand at that. I brought 5 of them suckas....shoot they are all in the same green color but, they will do the job! LOL I guess I'm a cheapo!

JM Level 2 is my favorite Level. I am so proud of you pushing through the Shred & Running! Keep Pushing Girl and thanks for stopping bye to show me love and support!!

Dee Dee June 23, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

Good luck with the 5k tomorrow. That is so Awesome. I am assuming Winners is like a Ross or TJ Maxx in California. I have a hard time with patience in these stores as well. My cousin finds the nicest clothes though but she loves to go through all the clothes. So, go for you to learn to be patience. I need to work on that. Again, good luck and have fun tomorrow!

Corletta June 23, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

Sounds like you are all ready for your 5K!!! You will do so well!!! By the way, I love the kiddy combo idea!!!

M June 24, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

You're so cute! Thanks for the movie recommendation. My twins go crazy after seeing all the trailers.

Anonymous,  June 24, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

I love shopping especially when I find good deals! Wish we had one of those stores in my area, I would be all over it, LOL!!

Nona July 2, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

I love how you are taking no prisoners with the exercise and being fashionable at the same time.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates