How Low Can You Go

Learn To Run Week 2

>> Monday, June 7, 2010

Today was the beginning of the second week at the running clinic. Today we ran 1 minute and walked 1 minute. It really wasn't that bad. I am happy that when I run/walk I am not at the back of the pack but closer to the middle/front. Also we got a nice shirt with our sign up and I took a large instead of an xl! This is such a victory, I am usually the one who is in the largest shirt or wearing a men's size and I wasn't! Yeah me! Next run is on Wed.

I was suppose to try the boxing gym for a week ( I had a coupon), but now I can't find said coupon and I am really sad. I think that I will try and see if they can let me have the week minus the coupon, hey it's worth a try.

I am tired of this up down crap, I made a vow to myself, that as of TODAY, I am going to lose two pounds a week, I CAN DO IT! I really want to hit the big 6-0 loss mark and that is 212 (211.8 if you are counting), I am about 7 pounds away I can do that in four weeks (July 5). I am trying to eat super clean for the next four weeks. I have to do this.

Did you know that this week is clean-eating week? Readers try and eat-clean at least one day this week. Here are the eat-clean principles:

  • Eat 5 or 6 small meals a day
  • Eat every 2 to 3 hours
  • Combine lean protein and complex carbs at every meal
  • Consume adequate healthy fats eat day (nuts, oils)
  • Drink at least 2 liters of water a day
  • Never miss a meal especially breakfast
  • Avoid over processed, refined foods, especially white flour and sugar
  • Avoid chemicals, preservatives and artificial sugar
  • Avoid colas and juices
  • Avoid alcohol
  • Depend on fresh fruit and veggies
  • Stick to proper portion size
Try it!  I cannot say that I eat clean all the time, but I will admit that it is in my head most of the time.

Have a great week!

7 comments:

M June 8, 2010 at 12:38 AM  

I think it's great you're starting a run/walk program. That's what I did when I started, and I'm amazed how far I've come. You can do it!

Miz June 8, 2010 at 5:17 AM  

I totally started just walking (slow).
then WALKING!! (faster)

Then walking hills.

THEN intervaling up to a "jog" for a minute and back to walking.

Youll be running in no time.

MizFit

Ro June 8, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Great job onth erun walk...and NSV of getting the L shirt!!

I will eat clean one day this week! thanks for the tips and info.

LC June 8, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

Congrats on snagging that shirt in a size large! :)

Also, thanks for posting the eat-clean principles. This was very informative.

Corletta June 8, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

You absolutely can lose 6 pounds a week! Go girl!

LeeLee June 8, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

I think you're doing great with your running program and 2lbs per week is definitely doable! Get it girl!

Nona June 9, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

I am loving this running clinic your are doing. Sounds like they are easing you in and doing things right to minimise problems.

Eat clean week, eh??? I've eating my version of clean (which definitely include many of the points you have here) for the past 12 weeks and it really has been working for me.

I know you can definitely make your goal because I see how dedicated you are and how hard you work. Here's to cheering you on my sweet.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates