How Low Can You Go

Learn To Run: Week 1

>> Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Last night I went to the first meeting of the Learn to Run clinic at the Running Room.  I had a fantastic time.  I am not sure if I am going to sign up, because I am meeting with the Dr. on Friday to find out the date of the surgery.  If it is not in the near future, I will sign up.  I am very excited.  On Monday's we meet and have a speaker some in, some of the topics include: Nutrition, Shoes, Stretching, etc....  We then go for a run.  This week it is a 2 minute walk and a 1 minutes run for 20 minutes.  I did it yesterday and it was fine.  We will build up every week, until we can run for 20 minutes.  We then meet again on Wed. and Sunday to repeat the run.  I am sure that I can do this all by  myself, but I really like the fact that I am running with others.  The dynamic of the clinic is really varied, there are older individuals as well as some people who have tried the clinic before and failed.  Everyone is in different shape ,so  I really feel comfortable.  My goal at the end of the 10 weeks is to be able to run a 5K, that would great.  I will keep you posted.

6 comments:

LC June 1, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

This clinic sounds like an awesome idea for beginner runners. Good luck on reaching your 5K goal!

LeeLee June 1, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

I'm so excited for you! This does sound easy enough for anyone to follow! You are going to do fabulous, stick with it! Keep on posting!

M June 2, 2010 at 1:25 AM  

Running is saving me. I hope you learn that you love it too!

Corletta June 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

Girl...
You can totally do this. Back in the day, when I was 220, I was unable to run a quarter of a mile. I can now say that I have completed a 10k, a half marathon, and a full!!! You got this!!!

Nona June 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

You're such a little sunbeam!!! :)

Yes you could do it on your own but I really thing this is better because all the things you are learning will help you avoid injury and that's harder to learn on your own.

Sounds like a really good club, with a really diverse group and a great strategy for building up to longer and longer runs. 5k in 10 weeks sounds very doable.

Press on sister!!!

P. Hentermine June 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

I think running for 30 minutes on treadmill will also work to reduce extra weight.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates