How Low Can You Go

5K Walk Semi Fail and The Dream That Scared The Crap Out Of Me

>> Thursday, June 24, 2010

The 5K walk was yesterday, so was the convocation at my school.  I ducked out early so that I could be on time, but traffic was a mofo, so I got there 20 minutes late.  Everyone had left, so I looked on the map to try to find them, said hand drawn  map on a white board was a piece of crap, so I walked to a gas station looked at a REAL map, got a good idea of where I was suppose to go and began to walk.  Found the group and continued with them.  I was a little disappointed in myself that I was late and could not genuinely say I walked 5K.  The route was very loopy and it did not give me a better idea of how far 5K really was.  This is why I feel like this was a semi fail.  I was convinced that this walk would give me a good idea of what I was getting myself into, nope, not at all.

I had the worst dream last night and it scared the crap out of me.  I was on my way to a 5K (not the one that  I am doing next week another one)  I show up at 9 am and there is a lady there who looks like she in charge.  I ask her where everyone is, she says the race started at 6:30 am and I am very late. She asks if I have ran a 5 K before, I say no. She laughs and says what makes me think I can run one.  She then proceeds to tear down everything from my outfit to my lack of water bottle.  I woke up divested and questioning if I can really do this.  I am sure this is my sub conscious, questioning my 5K choice.  I woke up and looked at my "I must be on Crack Schedule" and began to revamp:

Old Schedule:
"MissHaneefa's, I Must Be Smoking Crack" 5K Training Schedule

June 21-45 mins cycling
June 22- 1 min jog 4 min run for 20 min
June 23- 5K walk (10 min jog/10 min walk in the morning)
June 24- 5 min jog 3 min walk x 3
June 25-2 min jog 1 min walk for 40 mins
June 26- 12 min jog 12min walk
June 27- 8 min jog 1 min walk x 2
June 28- 15 min jog
June 29- 2 min jog 1 min walk for 40 min
June 30- 20 min jog
July 1-25 min jog
July 2-REST
July 3- RACE DAY!

**NEW**
"MissHaneefa's, I Must Be Smoking Crack" 5K Training Schedule


June 21-45 mins cycling Did a 40 min walk on the treadmill instead
June 22- 1 min jog 4 min run for 20 min
June 23- 5K walk (10 min jog/10 min walk in the morning)
June 24- 15 minute jog
June 25-2 min jog 1 min walk for 40 mins
June 26- 20 min jog
June 27- 5 min jog 1 min walk x 4
June 28- 25 min jog
June 29- 25 min jog
June 30- 20 min jog
July 1-20 min jog
July 2-REST
July 3- RACE DAY!

I overheard a lady at the walk yesterday, say that her first 5K took her 48 minutes to finish. Wow, I was hoping for under 40 but maybe that is the optimistic me (I googled it and it said the "average" person should take 30-40 mins).  I really have two goals for this race:

  1. Finish.
  2. Not be last
As for the 30 Day Shred, I finished Level 1 today!  YEAHHHHHHHHHH! *Doing the dance of joy*




 (remember Perfect Strangers?  Larry and Balki?).  Tomorrow I begin Level 2! I am actually sad to finish Level 1, Jillian it was great, I know that you will be beating my in Level 2, don't worry I won't call it abuse ;)

Weigh in tomorrow, I have been on the scale so I know what to expect and I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Have a great day!  Welcome new Followers!  To all my Quebec readers, Happy St-Jean Baptiste!

To change one's life:
1. Start immediately.
2. Do it flamboyantly.
3. No exceptions.
 – William James

8 comments:

Ro June 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

Way to go on finishing Level 1 with Jillian….
And although I’ve walked 5ks before I ran my 1st one and I finished in 44 minutes. I was very happy with my time seeing as I had stopped training…Yeah I quit.
Anywhoo…lol
I promise you will be fine. You have been working hard and getting it in in under 40 minutes is 100% doable.

Chayah June 24, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

Wow what a dream! But good job finishing level 1 and good job with the 5K walk as well. You could have easily threw in the towel because you were late but you didn't. Very inspiring you are MissH!

M June 24, 2010 at 11:46 PM  

Forget about that dream! You can do this!

PhluffyPrincess June 25, 2010 at 2:04 AM  

Don't freak yourself out about the race! You are in fabulous shape and will do JUST fine. I loved TGIF!!! lol.

I can't wait for your weigh in...you are doing such a great job!

erica June 25, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Yay for finishing level 1!!! That's fabulous! Bummer about not being able to walk the whole 5k! I ran my first 5k in 30 minutes and two and a half miles of it were uphill...not fun at all. However I managed to do it in 30 minutes so I know you'll be able to do great!

xo

Trina June 25, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

Don't sweat this 5K girl! Easier for me to say because I have already gotten it out of the way. The most important thing is...you are running a 5K. In a million years would you have ever thought that you would be running a 5K? I never thought I would and I rejoiced when I crossed the line!

LeeLee June 27, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

Way to go with finishing Level 1! I'm so proud that you did the race even though you were late for it! Way to keep at it. Forget that dream, you got this Ma!!!

P.S. Love your new Layout!!!

Nona July 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

You are in great shape and doing everything to prep. You are going to kick butt in this race.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates