How Low Can You Go

Sex in The Carribean

>> Monday, May 31, 2010

That is the summary of my weekend.  No, no, not literally (I wish!)...  It was one of the best weekends I have had in awhile (wait a minute didn't I just visit a friend and have a fabulous too last week...)

First of all Friday night, I brought a colleague some treats because she had to leave work early, because her son was sick.  I ended up hanging out with her and her family until 10 pm.  I played with her 2 year old and she made me a fabulous dinner of steak , asparagus and potatoes.  Hubby brought chocolate cake for dessert, yummy!

Saturday, we went to the Chinese restaurant and then headed to Sex and The City.  I really liked the movie and if you like SATC you will like the movie too.  Abu Dhabi (although I read that it was actually filmed in Morocco) looks breathtaking and I swear if I was rich my bags would be packed.  The outfits were spectacular.  My favorite dress is the one that Charlotte is wearing in the desert.  Here is a pic:



Sunday, I headed to Taste of the Caribbean (TOTC), it was even better than last year for a few reasons, there were less people and more food.  You name and they had it; jerk chicken, salt fish, roti, fried rice, dumplings.  The desserts were also delicious; cassava squares, current rolls, sugar cakes.  I ate until I could not eat anymore.  I rested and then I ate some more!  I am sure that I am going to see an increase at Friday's weight in but, I am going to try and be extra good for the rest of the week as well as push out an extra 15 minutes of cardio.

  Even better news...the Black Community is not that big where I live, especially the West Indian Black Community. I saw so many people at TOTC, that I have not seen in a long time.  EVERYONE told me how good I looked and how I have lost so much weight.  It made me feel like a trillion bucks.  I saw a childhood friend's mother, who did not recognize me!  This has me so motivated.  I even saw a guy from my gym that said , "  Don't ruin all the work you have done now! "  He was totally joking but I appreciated what he has to say.

Tonight I am signing up for a Learn to Run Clinic at the running room, I am so nervous yet excited.  This is my new activity for the week.  The program lasts 13 weeks and by the end I should be able to run 20-30 minutes non stop.  The train us for a race that will be later in the summer I will let you know more about that as time goes on.

One last thing, a women at my work made a comment the other day and I wanted to share it with you.  She said, " I know that you have lost alot of weight, but I always see you eating sweets."  My answer to her can be summed up in one word. MODERATION!

I see you new followers!  Thank you and welcome!  Readers, commentors and friends, thank you for everything!

7 comments:

GFS May 31, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Don't you love it when people you haven't seen you in a long time immeditely recognize your weigh tloss!?? That is a good kick in the butt for us isn't it because we tend to forget how far we've come!!

And I agree...MODERATION!! I'm on Weight Watchers and I am learning that I can eat whatever i want!

I went to a burger spot last night and split my burger and fries w my bf and I was completely satisfied!

Chayah May 31, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

I cannot lie...if I was at TOTC I prob would have had a bit of everything. My goodness just viewing the names of the dishes you typed had my mouth watering (darn shame).

Lisa May 31, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

I'm surrounded by those kinds of food all the time! My weakness is the dark soft sugar cake with bits of ginger in it. Delicious!!

It's so nice to get positive feedback especially when you are working so hard. Here in Barbados the women have the tendency to automatically tell you how fat you've gotten even if you've lost weight or look like Halle Berry. Then if you lose alot they start asking if you are sick. So it's really nice to hear that you are getting positive feedback - that will be a definite encouragement!

A great program for jogging is the couch to 5k. I've used it and am now able to jog for 25 - 30 minutes. After my exams, I'll be back at it with vigor.

Keep up the good work!

Corletta June 1, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

It sounds like you had an absolute blast this weekend!!! Good for you! I love that you dined out and intend to workout hard for this week's weigh in. Get it girl!

Rheina June 1, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Read your post yesterday, just getting around to comment. >.<

What I first thought was "damn, I could do for some sex in the Carribean." Then I wished I'd gone to the ToTC with you....but lastly, I was really happy for you and the reactions you got from people. I think that's awesome. Non-scale victories are so great and usually come just at the right time.

Very happy for you.

LeeLee June 1, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

I'm glad you had a great weekend and were able to indulge in all of the tasteful foods at TOTC. You have the right idea, be good for the rest of the week & regardless what that scale says you keep on pushing!

Oh & do share some running tips when you start learning. I can use all the help I can get! Thanks for commenting and take care!!!

Nona June 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

LOL!!! My mouth was watering as I read your description of the food at TOTC. Haven't had a current roll in forever. LOVE them.

Have never seen Sex in the City though I've heard a lot about it. Is Carlotte the one in the red dress? I love the red dress.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates