How Low Can You Go

Le Weekend

>> Monday, November 14, 2011

     What a wonderful weekend!  I experienced another great running moment.  Before I tell you what it is, let us take a look back, remember my first 5K ? Remember my first 10k? Remember my first half-marathon? Well last Saturday, I ran another 10K race and broke my record from the week before!  1:04! An HOUR AND FOUR F**K'N MINUTES! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!  I am still ecstatic! 
     After the race, I had to get in my "30 days of hot yoga challenge" class (Day 12 by the way).  I went to a yin class;

Yin is both a gentle and challenging yoga practice and is often called a "moving meditation".  Yin Yoga targets the connective tissue of the hips, pelvis and lower spine.  Poses are held for 2-5 minutes to stretch deep muscle tissue and fascia.   This is a great aid for opening up the body and increasing flexibility and range of motion.  A great compliment to your regular practice. Suitable for all levels.
     Don't be fooled.  This description makes it sound so all nice and easy.  But it was really hard, I had trouble holding the poses for the full time and had to let them go for a bit.  I enjoyed it because I got to really stretch out my legs after the run, I will definitely try this class again now that I know what I am in for.
  
     Sunday, I headed to a baby shower and let me just say that I ate WAY to much cake.I woke up this morning and I am still full.


I found a list of Positive Self Talk Affirmations and I will be listing one each day:


Positive Self Talk Affirmation of the day: Today is a winning day for me

3 comments:

Anonymous,  November 14, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

Congrats on breaking your personal record. 1 hour and 4 minutes is awesome!!!!!

Tim November 14, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

Cake is my downfall :(

Congratulations on the new personal record!

Gina Anig November 15, 2011 at 7:26 AM  

Yay! Congratulations on your new personal best!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates