How Low Can You Go

Friday

>> Friday, November 11, 2011

   Yesterday was the first day of calorie counting and it wasn't bad.  I finished with 2000 calories, not bad for my first day.  I am really trying to stay in the 1700-1800 range, just like anything else it is going to take practice.  I am back at it today.  Man, I never realized how calories can add up so quickly, especially in drinks.  I am going out for coffee with a friend later and we are heading to Starbucks so I went to the Starbucks website and they had a section called "drinks under 200 calories".  this is what they had to say;



Hot Drinks (Tall)CaloriesFat (g)
Brewed Coffee50
Brewed Tazo® Tea00
Nonfat Tazo® Green Tea Latte1500
Nonfat Cappuccino600
Nonfat Caffè Latte1000
Nonfat Caramel Machiato1401
Soy Tazo® Chai Tea Latte1702
Nonfat Caffè Mocha – hold the whip1702
Skinny Vanilla Latte900
Steamed Apple Juice1700
Nonfat Vanilla Crème – hold the whip1500
Caffè Americano100

Good to know.


I have noticed that my stomach is feeling a little flatter since I have been doing hot yoga.  But I still have the lower part of my stomach that I find sticks out a lot.  I really have to find a way to reduce this part of my body, it is really starting to bother me.  Since I have lost weight I find my lower stomach hangs.  Does anyone else have this issue?  How do you deal with it?


I was at the Running  Room and there are two pairs of shoes that I have my eye on:
Nike Lunar Eclipse 139.99


New Balance 860 109.99
They are both super comfortable, so I am going to have to decide in the next few weeks...




LA commented:
Haneefa, thanks for the tips on working up to an 8k race. Since your post, I've been running outside; however, it's soooo much more challenging to run outdoors than on a treadmill. I've realized that I can barely do 2 miles outdoors (with running up hills etc). When you train, do you train outdoors for races, or how do you transition from running on the treadmill to successfully running outdoors. I feel as if it would be so much easier to run the 8k on the treadmill, but outside it seems nearly impossible. Thanks!




I run 95% of the time outside.  On occasion I will run on the treadmill.  I like the treadmill to work on speed, because I can control the speed, so I will sprint for 30 secs -1 minute and then I will run at a normal pace for a minute or two.  The only suggestion I have for you is that when you run outside try to pick a place that has minimal hills, (save the hill work for a separate day).  Also try and go at a regular pace, you should be able to talk.  Save the race pace for another day (NOT a hill day).  Take you time.  Slowly build up and I know that you can get to your 8k outside.



Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  November 11, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

Calorie counting does put things into a different perspective?!
I am the one who made the comment about it the other day. I like the "eat clean" way quite a bit. And on weeks where I am totally off. will follow one of their eating plans to the T. It also adds diversity to my own menu. I generally use any "calorie counting" website. It takes a moment but Ill rotate a 2 day menu over 6 days or something. Having a general idea of calories helps me make better choices...
Good luck

Tim November 11, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

I know what you mean about how many calories there are in drinks. Also what surprises me is how much sugar there is in certain drinks too. I bought a pure orange juice in a small bottle and it had over 45% of my RDA for sugar in half the bottle!

Mizz White November 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

I had issues with the stomach hang as well for a long time. My mom told me to just keep working out and make sure I moisturize my belly a lot with any non comodogenic lotion mixed with honey and eucalyptis oil. Then put plastic wrap over it. Strange yes...I followed her directions and 2 months later no tummy hang or stretchmarks that I cannot totally associate with child birth(and even those have faded).

Yum Yucky November 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM  

I know exactly what you mean about the lower stomach pooch. What I've noticed is that the first parts to gain are usually the last parts to lose that weight completely. Just keep doing what you're doing. It's working. ;)

Noir November 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

Yahhhyy, so happy (I guess) to hear I am not the only one with the lower tum 'apron'.

Mizz White, thanks for sharing your mom's tip. *Running off immediately to buy honey, lotion, wrap etc* : )

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates