How Low Can You Go

Boo-Ya!:A New Personal Best

>> Monday, November 7, 2011

   This past Saturday I ran a 10k race in Oka national park.  The trail was beautiful and luckily the weather was perfect, not too cold and nice and sunny (although I could not keep my sunglasses on because my face was so sweaty).  All I wanted was to beat my last 10k race time of an hour and eight minutes and guess what!?  I did it in 1:05:07 THREE WHOLE MINUTES FASTER!  WOOHOO!  I was so excited.  This Saturday and I am doing another 10K race and I am aiming to get the same time or better. 
     In hot yoga news, today I am on day 7 and I have been going everyday (yes, even after the 10K race on Saturday).  I am noticing improvements in my possess and I am able to hold posses that I was not able to do a few months ago.  I am also noticing that I am not finding the room as hot as I used to.


I hope that everyone is having a great week and take care!

7 comments:

LOVEOFMYLIFE1924 November 7, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

That's awesome!!! Keep up the excellent work girlie! You are indeed my inspiration, I'm going to sign up for a 5k for spring. Pray my strength!

Anonymous,  November 7, 2011 at 2:52 PM  

Congrats on your race and way to go on getting your time faster.

Tim November 7, 2011 at 6:15 PM  

You not only beat your time, you destroyed it! Wow! 3 minutes is so impressive. Congratulations!

LA November 7, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

That's amazing. I'm wanting to do an 8k race for hunger on Thanksgiving day, but am really nervous. I've been running for a year now, but have never ran 8k, my average workout is like 3.5 miles. Any tips on how to train for this upcoming race?

Mizz White November 7, 2011 at 7:47 PM  

In my best "Martin" voice "You Go Girl!"

SlimDownMike November 8, 2011 at 1:55 AM  

Brilliant stuff, and good luck for your next race.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates