How Low Can You Go

Today, I Am Taking Control of My Life

>> Wednesday, November 23, 2011

    Thank you for all your kind words yesterday.  I really appreciate your support.  I picked myself up, dusted myself off and headed to Athletic Training followed by hot yoga last night.  Since I was away in Toronto I have four classes to make up so that I can say that I did 30 classes in 30 days.  I will be doing a few back to backs on the weekend to make that happen.  Because I have been busy with work I have not been running, it has been over a week.  I am going back tomorrow, luckily we are doing an easy 3k. I have to get back at it, because I have the Santa Shuffle 5K race the first weekend of December.


     As for food, I am going to try hard to write down what I eat, and plan my meals better.  Trying to stick to protein and vegetables for most of my meals.  I will have to get some fish to season and cook for lunches next week, as well as prepare my yummy quinoa stuffed peppers (I added the recipe at the end of this post).   I also have to get back into the habit of drinking water I find that I am really not getting enough water.  I drink about a litre a day, when I really should be drink double that minimum.


A for the scale, I am sorry but that is one thing that I cannot let go for now.  I have to get on each morning to check my daily "progress", when I get back down to 211, I will then proceed to lighten up a bit and step on every other day.


Wish me luck!



Quinoa-Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
1 pepper (237 cal)
For all my Weight Watcher folks each pepper is 4 points!

2/3 c quinoa rinsed and drained
6 bell peppers
1 tbsp olive oil
¾ c diced carrots
½ red onion
1 10 oz pack frozen spinach thawed and drained
1 15 oz can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
1 tsp chilli powder (can add more)
½ c grated partly skimmed mozzarella
Garlic and garlic salt
*I found the original recipe a bit bland, so I added garlic (fresh and salt) to taste and more chilli powder

·         Preheat oven at 350F
·         Boil 1 1/3 c water in pan add quinoa
·         Reduce heat, cover simmer 15 mins, keep covered set aside
·         Remove pepper  tops, stems and seeds
·         Bring a large pot of water to boil
·         Add peppers boil for 5 mins and drain
·         Heat oil in a skillet over med heat
·         Add carrots cook for 3 mins
·         Add onion cook for 5 mins
·         Stir in spinach and beans
·         Remove from heat and mix in quinoa and chilli powder
·         Fill peppers with quinoa mixture and place on a baking sheet
·         Sprinkle with cheese
·         Add just enough water to form a thin later at the bottom of the dish. Bake 20 min ENJOY!

1 comments:

Tim November 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM  

I definitely need to drink more water too, i've been slacking so much on that lately yet everybody says it's a key thing to help towards weightloss.

Good luck with your meal planning. The Quinoa-Stuffed Red Bell Peppers sounds tasty!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates