How Low Can You Go

10K Race: New Personal Best

>> Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hello Readers!

     Today, I ran my first race of 2011.  A lovely 10K, the weather was great and the route was beautiful, we ran near a golf course and it was very scenic.  This race series has elite runners, I knew this entering the race.  Many of these  runners compete provincial, some are runners from Universities in the area.  I had an amazing time of 1 hour 8 minutes and 7 seconds, which is a personal best for me.  The sad news is that I came in SECOND TO LAST out of 257 runners :( and the last female.  We did a 5K loop twice, there were times that I wanted to walk for a bit, but my pride would not let me.  Runners were passing me and I was already at the back, so I couldn't bring myself to do it until I knew that no one was looping back.  I have looked at other races put on by this group and even if I improve my time, I will still be at the bottom, that is how good this group in.  Nevertheless, the point is for me to improve and this group will be good for me to do that.  Next race in March 27th.

I have to give myself credit, last year at this time I had NEVER run a race (remember I started at the end of May).  I have really come a long way.  I am going to try and do some sort of physical activity everyday except Friday , before I leave for my trip on Sunday.

Have a Great Week!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  February 21, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

Way to go. Don't beat yourself up, you got out there and finished. Have fun on your trip.

LC February 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Congrats on your personal best time!!

Ro February 22, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

CONGRATS on getting it done!!!!!!!

Tim February 23, 2011 at 1:07 PM  

Well done on getting a personal best!!

You should be so proud of yourself for everything you've achieved. I'm proud of you and we've never even met before! LOL

Shannie (akaSolidice242) February 24, 2011 at 7:42 AM  

Can you imagine how the dude who came last feels? He got beat by girls...Lol What a shame...lol Just kidding of course. You did great, if I did a run like that you best believe its going to be against little kids because they may have more energy but they also have shorter legs...lol

On a serious note you did amazing! You are really inspiring me to give running a try

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates