How Low Can You Go

Fit To Fat To Fit

>> Friday, November 4, 2011

   On my way home from work yesterday, I was listening to the radio and they were doing an interview with a guy who was a personal trainer and was aiming to gain 100 pounds and then lose it again.  This guy (I am sure that you can Google to find his name) was about 190 pounds and a personal trainer.  He decided that he wanted to gain weight so that he could see what it was like for his clients who were struggling to get healthy and lose weight.  In the last 6 months he has gained almost 80 pounds.  He stopped exercising and ate like the "average American"; macaroni and cheese, white bread and pasta, fast food once a week and soft drinks two or three times day.  Now he is going to start to lose the weight, first by watching his diet and then incorporate exercise.


What do you think about the notion of gaining weight just to lose it again?

In 30 Day hot yoga challenge news, last night was day 3 and it went well.  I went for a 3k run before hand.  I am excited about my Half Marathon clinic and there are some familiar faces in my group.  Tomorrow is my 10K race, I better get a good night sleep tonight!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  November 4, 2011 at 11:26 AM  

Sounds like a bad idea but I wish him luck.

Ro November 4, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

like I said on twitta...stupidest shit I done ever heard...

Tim November 5, 2011 at 7:22 AM  

Surely as a personal trainer and obviously someone who has always looked after himself well, he just wouldn't have the same mentality as somebody who has always struggled with weight loss.

Most people i've spoken to say losing weight is the easy bit, it's actually the mental side of it which is what people struggle with.

Mizz White November 6, 2011 at 9:55 PM  

That is just re-cot-dang-diculous!!! Who does that?

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates