How Low Can You Go

Putting The Scale Away

>> Wednesday, November 9, 2011

   HAPPY WEDNESDAY!
     I have retired the scale until next week.  This is really hard for me, since I am obsessed with getting on it everyday (and sometimes night) to see where my weight is at.  
  I am trying to cut added sugar out of my life. Last night I went to Bulk Barn and bought; dried cranberries, unsweetened shredded coconut, walnuts and almonds to add to my oatmeal in the morning.  I usually add brown sugar , but I want to get away from that.  When I had it this morning for breakfast it was delicious and very filling.
   Tonight I have running (3K steady) and then I am going to head over for DAY 9 of the 30 Day Hot Yoga challenge.   
    I have a random question; does anyone cook bok choy (aka chinese cabbage)?  DO you use the whole thing or just the leaves?  Thanks in advance.



9 comments:

Shawn November 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

I put my scale away too..I was getting obsessed! I think this injury of mine is a blessing in disguise...its gonna force me to pay close attention to my nutrition and not focus so much on the scale and burning x amount of calories everyday!

Anonymous,  November 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM  

I know the frustrations of the scale. But with regards to your post yesterday. If you are on point with the working out, it might be time to introduce some straight up old school clean eating and calorie counting, maybe even meal planning. I am one of these unlucky girls who gains just looking a pastries. I had to put myself on a strick and clean 1600-1800 calories menu. And the scale has shown a stready decline! Unfair!!! But its the only thing my body responds to. Are you still on WW?

MissHaneefa November 9, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

@Anonymous--I do meal plan to a certain extent. Maybe calorie counting is the way to go. I have tried a lot of things but I have never counted calories. It seems to complicated..Do you use an app or a website? Do you have any suggestions? I left WW because I was gaining weight through them, I just went back to what I doing.

Laila @OnlyLaila November 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM  

Yes, you must put the scale away. I would weigh myself once a week, on the same date/time. It was a reward of sorts.

Anonymous,  November 9, 2011 at 3:12 PM  

Yeah it's a hard thing to put that scale away but just know it's not about the numbers all the time. I know I started slowly by going from a daily weigh in, to a weekly weigh in, to now a monthly weigh in.

Gina Anig November 9, 2011 at 7:48 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina Anig November 9, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

hey! i love bok choy and i use the whole thing except for the very end - i cut that off. though i have read that some people leave the end on if it is white (and not a little brown).

Al November 10, 2011 at 7:09 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Al November 10, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

I love bok choy. I usually just cut off the very bottom bit. I stir fry the leaves and the bulb.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates