How Low Can You Go

No Excuse

>> Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today, I went to the States for the day.  I went down to Plattsburgh and did a little shopping, after this excursion I came to 2 conclusions:

  1. Americans have NO EXCUSE no to eat healthier, things are SO much cheaper in the States than Canada. 
  • Greek Yogurt: States--> 3.99 Canada --> 5.99(plus 15% tax)
  • Frozen fruit: States--> 1.99 Canada --> 3.99 at least
  • Kashi cereal: States--> 2.99 Canada --> 5.99 at least
You get the picture

   2.  There is NO EXCUSE for you to look busted.  Target is like heaven, I bought 3 pairs of jeans, two
         pairs of legging, a shirt all for 100$!  I also got two dresses for weddings that I will attending at
        GREAT prices.  I also got some hair products that would be double the price here.

Then I remember that our health care is(almost) free, I guess the grass is not always

In other news I got my tooth fixed, it was a filling that had fallen out.  Still can only chew on one side of my mouth, but at least it is not as painful.

Today I ate alot of crap, pizza, pretzels,bleh.   Tomorrow, I will be back on the bandwagon, I also need to drink more water.  Things are going well, I don't want to mess it up.

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Gorgeous Puddin July 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

I had no idea things cost that much in Canada. I do agree that we don't have any excuses but healthy food is pricey here and Everything else is so expensive. So sometimes we don't make wise food choices because its cheaper not too. And healthcare OMGEEEEE!

Trina July 21, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

You said the states and I was like....??? I forgot you live in Canada. Speaking of Canada, I have been watching the crap out of DeGrassi...lol.

$3.99 for yogurt? How big is it? That yogurt will stay on the shelf since I'm not a big fan of greek yogurt.

You got some great steals from Target! Take pics so we can see:-)

Do you have access to the store NY&Co? They have a pretty awesome sale.

Did you get that pretzel from Target? I have to walk in on the other side of the store or I will be all up in the food area buying one with cheese.

Christy July 21, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

Mchappy hit the nail on the head. As far as food goes, the healthy food is way more expensive than crap food. Sometimes people can't afford the healthy food for their families.
Don't even get me started on healthcare! Ha.

Corletta July 21, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

You make me laugh!!! "No reason to look busted." Ha...even if my clothes suck, my makeup looks terrific. That's my way of coping. Changing sizes is fun, but not for the wallet :/

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates