How Low Can You Go

Great Weekend: Spa and Drake

>> Monday, July 19, 2010

This weekend I went to the Spa with some high school friends.  One of these friends I have not seen since Oct.and she was very impressed with my weight loss.   She has gained a few pounds and asked my what she can do to loss weight.  I told her drink lots of water, eat more veggies (so that you you will feel fuller)  and exercise. She frowned at all those suggestions.  "I don't like water, veggies or exercise.  Isn't there a magic pill?"  Nope, that is the combination that will get you where you want to be.  I know that many people WANT to loss weight , really it is such a mental think that you would not believe, you need to be mentally ready to tackle your weight.  You need control and determination.  Weight loss is far from easy as anyone who is on their journey knows, but the rewards are priceless.

I must admit, this weekend I had way more desserts than I usually have (I usually don't have any), but who can resist a good creme brulee? Yesterday while flossing my teeth, a huge piece of my molar came out just like that, the dentist will not be able to see me until tomorrow, so I cannot eat.  I had tried and it hurts like a mother.  I figure one day of only water won't hurt, the only side effect is that I have this persisting headache.

I went to see Drake last night, he was fantastic!  He is also known as Jimmy from the TV show Degrassi ,he was the kid in the wheelchair that was shot in a school shooting. He has a 1000 Watt smile, that lights up the room.  I am so proud that he is Canadian and is achieving so much success.  The first video is "Money to Blow" and the second is "Say Something".  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ro July 19, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

Your suggestions to your friend were OP! I hope she takes heed because even if there is a magic pill you can’t take it forever :-)

I keep forgetting Drake is Canadian. How cool....love the post .. have a great week... Bday countdown in ON!

Anonymous,  July 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

I love Drake!! You lucky girl!! :)

Trina July 21, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

Hahahaha...that's funny that I made that DeGrassi comment in your previous post. Girl you do not have to tell me who Jimmy is! My kids and I have been immersed in DeGrassi for weeks. Apparently "they" were preparing ups for the new Boiling Point episodes, which are the bomb.

Girl DeGrassi has been a great supplemental parent for my children...lol. We have had some great conversations.

Man you are truly luck to get the chance to see Drake. My song is Miss Me.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates