How Low Can You Go

4 Races in August? Yup, I KNOW I Can!

>> Thursday, July 8, 2010

I went to a work get together and it came up that I ran a 5K last Saturday, everyone was so impressed.  I am still on cloud 99 from the experience, that I have done some research and there are 4 possible 5Ks that I can do in August.  Guess what? Goal 1: I am going to try and do them all.  The next goal will be to have a better time at each race.  First race is August 8.  This is the one that I am going to focus on for now.  I am starting my training (I never really stopped),with this race in mind, with a goal of 35 minutes (baby steps).  I am keeping the training to the treadmill (not really a fan of this),but the weather outside has to cool down before I venture out to running 30 minutes + in this heat, I was cleaning the car today and had to fun inside because I felt sick,imagine running!  Like I said in a previous post I want to bring my time down to 30 minutes.  Hopefully, next week will be cooler and I can go back to training outside.

The 10K clinic ( I know I can't believe it either) begins Aug. 24 and I am so down.  I still cannot believe how far I have come!

QUESTION: Does anyone have advice on how to improve my race time?  Thank you in advance.

5 comments:

PhluffyPrincess July 9, 2010 at 12:42 AM  

I cannot be of any help with the race time, but I'm proud of how far you've come also!

Ro July 9, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

SMILE! You have come far and its great. Im excited for you.
Check out Jess's blog she trained for a 10K not too long ago and she was focusing on her time. Keep it up chica!
http://www.halfofjess.com/

LC July 9, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Checkout Black Girls Run for information on how to increase your time. www.blackgirlsrun.com. Good Luck on your upcoming races.

Anonymous,  July 11, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

I would love to do a race sometime. I don't know why I'm so scared to do it but hopefully one day I'll get up the courage!

Ashaki July 11, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

I suggest you go to Runners World online. They have multiple articles on how to improve your time. Also, go to BN and get some books on beginning women's running. I have a few that are awesome. One that I just got is Jeff Galloway's book on training for 5K and 10K's. He suggests a walk/run formula that he swears increases speed while protecting you against injury. The book itself is pretty self-explanatory and easy to follow if you want a clear cut plan on how to increase your speed.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates