How Low Can You Go

Getting My Head Into The Race

>> Thursday, July 22, 2010

With another 5K a little over 2 weeks away, it is time to buckle down and start to train with avengence.  I am going to Toronto for Caribana and I plan on keeping up with my running and my friends are aware of this.  The hotel we are staying at has a gym and when I am at my friends place her building also has one, as well as a running room close by.  I plan on attending the free clinics on the Sunday and Wed. that I am there.
Here is my new schedule that I am following, my goal for this race is to do it in 35 minutes or less.

July 22: 7K (4.3 miles)
July 23: 4K speed
July 24: 4K
July 25: Running Room
July 26: Running Room
July 27: 8K (5 miles)
July 28: Running Room
July 29: 4K speed
July 30: 5K
July 31: Parade (I will be Palancing/Dancing my butt off)
Aug 1: Running Room (30 Wellington East), if this doesn't work out 4K speed
Aug 2: 8K
Aug 3: 4K speed
Aug 4: Running Room (4984 Yonge St) if this doesn't work 4K
Aug 5: 5K
Aug 6: 8K
Aug. 7: REST
Aug. 8: RACE!

I am sure you really don't care how many kms I run a day, but the reason I lay this all out, is if for any reason I forget what I am suppose to do when, I can go online, reference this post and I will have all the info at the types of my fingers.

I do all of these using the 10/1 method, I run for 10 minutes and then I walk at a brisk pace for 1 minute, until I am done my distance, this is what works best for me.  On the days that say "speed",I am increasing my speed during my 10 minutes runs for a minute to a sprint.

I am hoping that this will work!

7 comments:

M July 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

That's exactly how I started running! I'm sooo proud of you! Running is not easy, but it really does pay off! Congrats!

Yum Yucky July 22, 2010 at 4:35 PM  

I think it's great that you lay out your schedule list this. I'm up to running about 5-miles and shooting for a 10K.

Alexia July 22, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

i hope it works, too!

i want to run someday.

erica July 23, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

fabulous schedule! You go girly!!!

xo

Nona July 23, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

I've been away for a while so I have to come back and catch up on what you've been up to.

That is an intense schedule above. Really proud of you. You are doing mega-well!!! Keep up that good work.

{{{Hugs}}}

LC July 24, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

Get It! Get It! This is an excellent schedule!

PhluffyPrincess July 27, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

i'm still trying to work my way up to 10 minutes of running! once i get there i will try your 10/1 method, although i may have to start with a 10/2!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates