How Low Can You Go

I Haven't Lost It

>> Thursday, February 16, 2012

   Yesterday, I went to the gym and I stepped on the treadmill ready to do 30 minutes of running.  I was sure that this was going to be hard, since I haven't done any type of running in awhile.  I am going to try and stick to the Half Marathon schedule that I followed last year (I will post a copy of this later). Surprisingly, the running went beautifully, I wasn't exhausted, yet I felt like I worked hard.  I had a steady pace and only slowed down to a fast walk mid run to drink some water. I ended up doing a little over 3K.  At the end of the run I felt really good.  I am confident that I will do well in my 5K race on Sunday (my fastest recorded 5K time is 33:04, let me see how close I can come to that on Sunday).  Granted, I was on a treadmill and that is always easier than running outside, but I am going to try and get a run in after work today because the weather is a magnificent 2C.

I do not think that I am going to sign up with the Running Room to train for this Half.  I looked at my schedule for the next few months and I am just going to miss too many dates.  I think that I am going to go to the Wed. and Sun. for the free runs when I can  (if you are in Canada and you have a Running Room in your area, you can run with them on Wednesdays, usually at 6 or 6:30 pm and Sundays at 8:30 am FOR FREE!)


Last year at this time, I was getting ready to go here, here and here.  Awww man, I wish I was there now.


Hope that you are having a great week!



7 comments:

Dina February 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM  

Nice work. I would love to see your half training schedule..that is one of my goals within the next year and a half. :)

safire February 16, 2012 at 9:22 PM  

Keep up the amazing work! I feel like the first few minutes of the workout is the hardest but once I get passed that point, I want to keep going!

Colie's Kitchen February 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM  

Hi this is Nicole from Colie's Kitchen!! I just saw that you are my weight loss buddy!! First off let me apologize for not getting back to you right away. I have been sick for a week. Sinus infection that seemed to take over my entire body. Finally a week later I am feeling so much better. That is probably a good thing because a pipe in my kitchen ceiling busted today and that was a nightmare in itself. Ugh two weeks ago it was my wash machine and so on LOL! Hopefully this will be a less eventful week coming up. I don’t want any more events! ;-)
My weight loss has been very slow. I had a great start last summer and lost 22 pounds in 6 weeks. I worked really hard to get there and I was so motivated and happy to be working hard and losing weight. THEN I went on vacation and everything fell apart. I never got back on my diet again until this challenge. Sadly I haven’t been able to get into this challenge either. I am trying but I keep finding excuses to make big mistakes or start again the next day. I hope to get my stuff together and make this happen.
I want a baby so badly, but I made a deal with myself that after my miscarriage a few years ago I wouldn’t allow myself to get pregnant until I most a lot of weight. You would think wanting a baby so bad would be what I needed to stay motivated. What to do what to do…
So what about you? I see you are about to leave on vacation (looks like about the same time we are going on vacation) and I see you are going to be running a marathon now that is awesome!!! Tell me more. Here is my email address colie@colieskitchen.com

Tim February 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM  

I've seen just how cold it gets there so 2 degrees is very warm! Haha. Good luck!

Erin February 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM  

That's a really great fastest time! Wow! I hope some day I'll get there!!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates