How Low Can You Go

Another Well Needed Rest

>> Friday, February 3, 2012

   Yesterday, I was exhausted.  It is that time of the month and I just needed to rest, so I didn't work out.  Today I feel much better and I am ready to take the world by storm.  I slipped yesterday and had a bit of soft drink (I totally forgot about this weeks mini challenge of no caffeine, oops!)
     On the radio this morning they were taking about a study that was done.  This study concluded that it does not matter what diet you follow; low card, low fat, high protein.  At the end of the day all that matters is that you cut calories and that will guarantee that you will lose weight, it doesn't matter what proportion of carbs, fat, protein you are consuming.  I found this very interesting and simple at the same time.


Happy weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous,  February 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM  

I have to agree with that study because that was the only thing that worked for me. Also, I hoped you enjoyed your rest day :)

Dina February 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM  

Everyone needs a rest day now and then to stay as strong and motivated as possible without burning yourself out. Interesting about the study, it does make sense!Hope you have a great weekend :)

Erin February 3, 2012 at 1:08 PM  

Yep, but I guess the real question is whether one wants to lose weight or live healthy.

I think this says it all - http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Trina February 3, 2012 at 2:51 PM  

It's so simple...eat less, move more. I struggle with the eating less part!

Maren February 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM  

Having a good rest day is really important!!

Tim February 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM  

I don't understand food nutrition at all. It just gives me a headache if I try and learn it. My plan is to eat what I like but if i can make the meal seem quite healthy then i will. If not then I will try and make my next meal as healthy as possible.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates