How Low Can You Go

A Decision

>> Thursday, February 2, 2012

  
 I know that I stated in yesterday's weekly goals that I would head to the gym daily.  I have come to the conclusion that for now, Wednesday will be my rest day.  Wednesday at the gym is lame, there are no classes that I am found of and I find that I am tired in the middle of the week and it will make for a nice rest.  In a few weeks, when I get back to the the run club, I will be running on Wednesdays anyway.
  
  I was asked today by a co-worker if I had lost more weight, I told her that I am still working on it.  It was nice to hear that she thought I looked slimmer, especially in the waist.  I told her no, but I was also wearing clothes that are too big for me.  When I lost weight I got rid of A LOT of my clothes.  The problem is that there are some pieces (especially shirts) that I really like and although they are size 20 or XXL  I still wear them regularly.


Tonight, is a fun night at the gym. Zumba, Core Conditioning and Bootcamp, oh my! I am working on getting my water in and I am really trying to eat more veggies and less sweets.  


Tosca Reno or Clean Eating and Oxygen fame, had a great post on moderation yesterday, if you have a chance check it out.


Have a great day!  Only one more day until the weekend!


Question: Do you find it hard to part with clothes that are now too big for you?

7 comments:

Erin February 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM  

I did have a hard time for a little while but I've recently decided to do a full wardrobe purge. Even stuff that still slightly fits me I'm getting rid of because I don't want any clothes that will allow myself to slack or feel comfortable.

Out with the old, in with the new!!

Dawnya February 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM  

Girl...ain't nothing wrong with taking a day off. You need to rest.

As for the clothes...see if you can connect with some other woman and start a clothing exchange.

Many of the women I interact with are banded. One of them started a clothing exchange. We call it the sisterhood. You post what clothes you have with sizes and somone ask for them...you send them off. Of course I'm sure you would want to limit it to your area...as shipping to the states can get expensive.

Anonymous,  February 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM  

Gosh, I would be lost without my rest day and I don't do nearly as much as you do!! I say you take that rest day and you enjoy it :)

Mrs. Bradley February 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM  

I want to part with some clothes. but more importantly I want to get back in some clothes that I bought then realized they were 2 small.

Miesha Roshawn February 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM  

I still have a few items that are WAY too big, but just about all of my fat girl clothes are now gone. I do have a few pairs of undies that are super comfy that I need to trash. Honey makes fun of them lol!

Rest days are important. Overtraining can cause your body to rebel. I thoroughly enjoy my rest days!

Enyonam February 3, 2012 at 4:06 AM  

i part with them easily. Maybe because I'm forced to wear them because of my size. lol!

Tim February 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM  

Is there any chance you could get the same item of clothing you love wearing in a smaller size? Maybe on ebay or somewhere similar if they aren't in the shops anymore.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates