How Low Can You Go

Get Serious For Panama

>> Wednesday, February 29, 2012

  
 So yesterday was the first day of my "get serious for Panama" regime.  I went to the gym in the morning and in the evening.  First, let me say that getting up at 5:45 am is...not that bad.  I usually get up to go to the bathroom at that time, so instead of going back to bed, I just got dressed for the gym, no alarm required.  At the gym I kept it short and sweet.  I did 30 minutes on the Step mill (the BFF I love to hate) and 15 minutes of weights (leg stuff-dead lifts, plie squats) .  After work, I was planning on doing a 7k run, but it was so cold and I wasn't dressed warm enough, so I had to cut it short and ended doing 6.4K.  I then went to the gym (again) at did Athletic Training Class and Cardio Box. I really tried to keep my eating in check, because that is my real problem.  Earlier in the day,  I went to judge at another school's Science Fair and lunch was provided.  I made sure and filled my plate with the salads that were provided and took a small piece of the pizza.  I took some fruit salad and I cut a brownie and a piece of carrot cake in half, I got a few looks when I did this.  In the past I would have just eaten a whole piece of each, so I figure this is an improvement.  Baby steps right?


Also, we have Parent Teacher interviews tomorrow night, usually after we go for dinner.  Some people suggested a sit down all you can eat Chinese place.  I kiboshed that in a nano second.  I know that if it is all you can eat, I will eat all I can, especially the peanut butter dumplings.  I suggested another nice restaurant that I know I can get a chicken salad.  I told them I was eating better for my trip.  No one had a problem with my suggestion so we are going there tomorrow night.  WIN-WIN!


This morning I was at the gym again at 6 and I did 25 mins on the Step mill and a 10 minute run.  I ended with 20 minutes of weights.  There are no good classes at the gym today, so I will have to see what I am going to do this evening.  We have running club at 6 p.m., but I am not sure if I am going to make it because I have to take my students to a badminton tournament and I am not sure what time we are going to finish.  Worse comes to worse I do my 4 k run on the treadmill (which is super inaccurate, treadmill says I have done 3 K when I know that I have done WAY more) and then do my own little workout.


Just by going to the gym yesterday and this morning, I feel much better already.  I am confident that I can keep this up and as Ms. Bad Mama Jama said in a comment, maybe I can even keep this up when I ome back from vacation until I get back down to to the low 200s.


Happy Leap Year Day!


P.S.  If you have a David's Tea in your are, they are giving away a cup of FREE tea today

3 comments:

safire February 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM  

Great job staying so motivated for your upcoming trip!

I know I always stick to my plan when I know I have some major trip coming up. You are going to have a blast!

ChiChi February 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM  

Get.it.in!!! Woo hoo!!! You are mos def on the good foot and if you're going H.A.M. like this you will mos def be under 200 by the summer!

Ro March 1, 2012 at 8:38 AM  

Good Lawd thats early but I KNOW you felt great getting it all teh way in :-)
Panama wont be ready for you!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates