How Low Can You Go

Trinidad Carnival--Part Deux

>> Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Before I begin, tell me why this guy at the studio I workout at tells me, " You know, you have a grerat body, you just need to tone up a bit."  Thank you?  I know that this was meant to be a compliment, but for some  reason I couldn't help but think that it was a bit back handed...

   Last time I left you, I wrote that we went to the wicked breakfast party at 7 am on Sunday.  Monday at 2 am, the alarm goes off because IT IS J'OUVERT! J'Ouvert, stands for Jour Ouvert, which is French for Opening Day.  J'Ouvert is basically the opening of Carnival Monday and Tuesday.  You get up early and dance in the streets until the sun comes up (I will do a post on my top 10 soca songs of the season later this week|). J'Ouvert involves paint, mud and this year some bands even had chocolate, thrown around at the masqueraders.  We wore clothes that could be thrown away, because we knew that it would get messy.  We played with the Insomniacs.  To be honest this was one of my favorite parts of the trip, I don't know why, I loved the fact that everyone was free and just getting dirty.

Getting ready in the parking lot

Another band dancing down the road
Mud and Paint all over
Chilling J'Ouvert Morning

After this, we went back to the hotel showered and got ready for Monday Mas (the Monday Carnival parade).  This was a trial run for Tuesday.  Some masquaraders wear parts of their Tuesday costume ( bra, headpiece) or they wear something totally different in the colors of their costume (this is kinda what we did).


Make up by me, didn't use the right glue so jewels fell off in an hour
My Girls and I--Hot!
We Ready!
Cool Zone--Feelin' hot, just take a walk in the cool zone!
Sexy Body Paint

More to come in Part 3!

6 comments:

Anonymous,  March 15, 2011 at 11:59 PM  

I want to attend carnival one day.

*back handed compliments drive me INSANE

Rusti March 16, 2011 at 1:02 AM  

that complement could be a bit back handed, however, maybe he meant your size is great just to tone up some jiggles?? lol I don't what the guy meant but just take good part of the complement (great body) and forget the rest... that's what i would do!
~RustiAnn

Ro March 16, 2011 at 8:34 AM  

Maybe he was being sincere.....especially if he sees you all the time. Hell he may have been hitting on you and wanting to "work you out"..LMAOOOOO

That looks like sooo much fun!!
I am thinking of what I woudl wear..
OMG Next to nothing!!!

Tim March 16, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

Wonderful pictures! I can't believe those guys are completely covered in yellow paint. If I were a hotel owner and they were coming back to mine, i'd get the water hose out and hose them down outside! lol!

Are you going to go next year too? Can all your blog followers come with you? LOL

Shannie (akaSolidice242) March 16, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

First of Welcome back! I love the pictures I think I am going to visit the carnival there some day. I don't think the comment was back head. I was looking at your pictures especially the one with you in the orange black and white dress and you do not look overweight so I think the comment came from a good place because it went through my mind as well.

Miesha Roshawn March 16, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

Too much fun!! This I'm sure is one of the best parties on earth! You do look fab in all your drag, shake them haters off! Glad you had fun!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates