How Low Can You Go

Trinidad Carnival---Part 1

>> Monday, March 14, 2011

   For those of you that have just joined us, I was in Trinidad and Tobago for 2 weeks.  Trinidad is located of the coast of Venezuala, although I was born in Canada both of my parents are from Trinidad and have raised me a Trini from day one.  I love everything about Trinidad, music, food and their layed back attitude.  Every year, the Monday and Tuesday before Ash Wednesday,  Trinidad has the biggest Carnival in the world. Music, costumes, scantily clad women and dancing that would but Beyonce and her booty shakin to shame.  The following pictures will only give you a taste of what went on.

For the first week that I was in Trinidad I was hanging with my parents until my friends arrived, I went to a few parties with them and this gave me a taste of what soca songs I would be hearing for the next few days. Soca is a type of music that originated in Trinidad it is very fast and great to work out to.  Every year an artist is voted Soca Monarch, awarded to one of the best soca songs of the season this year it was Machel Montano's "Advantage" (ignore the overly dramatic first minute).



Friday night we went to the Blue Range Cooler Fete.  You were allowed to bring in a cooler of alcohol and other drinks as long as it was in plastic bottles and in before midnight.  It was open air and had a few live preformances.

A and I so happy to be away from the snow.
The next afternoon we headed to Scortch all inclusive party (drinks and food included).  To be honest the "food" was few and far between, but the drinks were great and even better when I found the margarita booth!


Please note that 1 Canadian/US dollar is about 6 TT dollars so this party was not 380$, but around 60$.



Sunday morning, yes, morning. we got up at 6am, to head to Diamond Vale Breakfast party.  We got there around 7 am and the party was already bunmpin!  Note that this was another all inclusive, bake and shark, pholourie, jerk chicken, drinks galore and soca music all at 7am!  I still cannot believe that we were partying this early in the morning.


I had about 2 sips of this champagne and then I put it down, it was 7:30 am, after all!


The weather was gorgeous and the scenery was breathtaking.



Part 2, will look at J'Ouvert, Carnival Monday and Tuesday!


5 comments:

michelle March 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

OMG! You look like you had such a nice time. I would love to go there someday.

Ro March 15, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

First off...you rocked the Sh*t outta that orange/black/white dress.
YAAASSSS..
and that music made my booty shake without me trying.
Thanks for sharing in detail...I was smiling while reading this and it looks like yahll had a blast.
However yahll wasted that good ole champibbly...but hey :-)
Glad your back safe and sound!

Tim March 16, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

I soooooooooo want to go!!! It looks amazing and everyone looks like they are having an unbelievable time. I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous,  March 24, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

That orange/black/white dress is GOR-GEOUS on you!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates