How Low Can You Go

A Night Out At The Cooking School

>> Thursday, May 6, 2010

There is a cooking school in the area and every once in awhile, they host a night to showcase their dishes at a very reasonable price.  A few co-workers were going ,so I decided to join them, delicious is the only thing I could say.  The entree was a stemless martini class served with cut up tomatoes, onions and avocado, with a piece of smoked salmon on the side. Refreshing.  Soup was chicken with shaving if rutabaga.  I must admit that usually when you get a soup with chicken, the chicken pieces are few and far between.  This soup was loaded with chicken, each spoonful was full, I was very impressed.  For the main meal, I had the beef in a mustard sauce.I must admit that the mustard sauce was missing something, I am not sure what but it needed a little kick. The beef came with a side of zucchini and a few sticks of potatoes and what would a great meal be without desserts. I had two!  I know, I know, but they were so little (and I got one for free!), I had a warm chocolate cake with mango and raspberry coulis on the side and a rice pudding with raspberries on top. All for the price of 21$!

     Now I am drinking all the water that I can stomach, so that any salt in the meal does not effect the good work that I did this week.  I am going to eat super clean tomorrow, hit the gym for 2 hours (1 hours cardio and 1 hour weights).  I went to the gym today but once again had to rush.  Drink a ton of water and hopefully, Saturday will be 214!

5 comments:

LeeLee May 7, 2010 at 6:42 AM  

The food sounds AMAZING!!! Especially the dish with the smoked salmon umm umm um!!! You have the right idea, eat clean today and drink lots of water. Good Luck on your weigh in!!
All the Best!

GFS May 7, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Okay, you are going to have me going all through your post all day at work!

By the way, I just started a new "healthier" me and I love that you are rewarding yourself for every goal that you reach. I'm going to have to incorporate that into my plan somehow.

By the way, I love ZUmba! Girl, I write about it from time to time on my blog...My instructor is awesome! We even "get down low" every once in a while!

Ro May 7, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

That food sounds good as hell....
you've been doing great so you should be fine....I love rice pudding.

Corletta May 7, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Drinking a ton of water...girl..I know that trick! Sounds like you had a good time last night. Can't wait to see the results of your weigh in!

M May 7, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

My mouth is seriously watering as I picture all the yummy food you ate!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates