How Low Can You Go

Bad News

>> Monday, May 17, 2010

Found out today that I have to get my thyroid removed.  My mom had thyroid cancer and had hers removed a few years ago.  I have been under observations, with ultrasounds and biopsies for the last 3 years. The doctor finally said today, "Let's take it out."  I am a little nervous, but I know that it is for the best.  I am sure that after this is done, I will not be able to exercise for awhile and that makes me sad.  I will keep you posted, I think the surgery will happen in June.

P.S.  This will not stop me from the Summer Challenge!  I am still in!

10 comments:

Lindsay May 17, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

Oh I am sorry, good luck with everything!

M May 17, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

I'm sure everything will go okay. I'll keep you in my prayers. Thank you so much for being such a great support to me!

LeeLee May 17, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

I'm sorry to hear this, I know everything will workout fine! Keep your head up and keep us updated! Take care you!!

Desperately Seeking Thin May 17, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

Oh that sucks! Guess your challenge progress will be interrupted due to that, but I totally understand. It just sucks though! I know you are super excited about the challenge!
Best wishes,
Kandice

Ro May 17, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

Sorry to hear that chick but I know everything will work out for the best. Im sending prayers your way.

GFS May 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

I hope all goes well:)

Anonymous,  May 17, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

I can relate. My mom and sister had to have theirs removed. I've been under observation with ultrasound and biopsies for the last year and a half. I hope everything goes well for you. I'm sure you will be fine. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Nona May 18, 2010 at 4:24 AM  

Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear this. We have thyroid issues in my family as well so I relate. Sending lots of love and good vibes across the universe to you.

LC May 18, 2010 at 11:16 PM  

I hope everything works out for you. I will be praying for you and your health.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates