How Low Can You Go

Take Your Hand and Squeeze Your Butt

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Do it! Come on no is watching...  How does it feel? Firm? Soft? This was the topic of discussion in an article in the May issue of Oxygen. The article is by Tosca Reno (man, I am giving her alot of play these days) .  The article had some very interesting things to say about your behind.  Tosca says that the condition that your butt is in may be a better indicator of your health than the condition of your abs.  The circumference of your butt has a very high correlation with your health. If you have a larger booty, this may be a risk to your health. In short move that booty!


All this booty talk got me thinking about some songs that talk about booties!

My Top 5 Booty Songs

1. Bootylicious-Destiny's Child
2. Baby Got Back! -Sir. Mix-A-Lot
3. Rumpshaker-- Wreckx-N-Effects
4. Shake Ya Ass -- Mystikal
5. Ms. New Booty -- Bubba Sparks

Notice how songs with any reference to butts always makes you want to move your butt?!?

And what would all this booty talk be without MY top 5 booty exercises:

1. Plie Squat
2. Deadlift
3. Walking Lunges (I hate these)
4. Step Ups
5. Hip Raise (with or without a ball)

I have another move that I LOVE but I cannot explain it, and I can't find a picture of the machine so I will have to take a pic one day and post it.

In other news, I went to the gym today and I ripped my pants in the crotch. A huge tear.  I had to wear my work capris (thankfully I did not wear a skirt today).  I thought I looked silly but honestly no one noticed.  I also forgot my sports bra.  I were a 36H, enough said.  I swear the teacher thought I was slacking off but really I just could not do the jumps....

A lady at work asked me today how long it took me to lose the weight, I told her 2 years.  "Oh, that's a long time...."  I told her that I have not gained any of it back and it is better for me to loss the weight slowly.  I honestly don't know what to say about these comments anymore.....


Have a great night!

8 comments:

Hollie April 21, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

People just want a fast solution. But GAINING weight has taken most of us a long time! Why do we (I) think it should be quick and easy to lose it?

I keep having to remind myself that IT'S GONNA TAKE TIME!

BTW... I love all the booty songs!

Unknown April 22, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

I hate walking lunges too but truth be told, they work miracles! What are step ups?

The main points to take from all these comments is that you are progressing extremely well and that you're losing weight in a way that works for you, whether it takes 2 months, 2 years or more. Agreed- people want a fast solution but we know those aren't the best. How many people have been on cabbage soup diets, lost tons of weight just to gain it back and then some? No thanks!

Keep it up!

Ro April 22, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

Damn X all that...The fact that you stayed at the gym after ripping your pants and leaving your sports bra says a LOT.
Kudos for that.
You are doing it the right way....too much too fast and you'll look like you whole body is around your ankles.....LMAO
Imjustsayin' :-)

Mrs X,  April 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM  

Hey Haneefa!

Just found out about your blog thru the girls and I just wanted to say great job and I will be following you as of now..... weight is increasingly becoming an issue for me :(

M April 22, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

I love those songs! That "Rumpshaker" song always reminds me of high school.

Tammy April 22, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

My butt's always been pretty much flat as a pancake, lol....not much to squeeze back there....was always jealous of my sister with the bubble butt., lol.

Don't forget to weigh-in tmrw!! Can you believe there's only one week left in the challenge??? :)

Corletta April 23, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

Girl...I don't even know where to start. Your comment on my blog wasn't harsh...it's exactly what I think on a normal basis. Man, maybe we're both weird. As for forgetting your bra...I have done that on NUMEROUS occasions. Unfortunately my shrinking boobs may not even need a bra :( YIKES

LeeLee April 23, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

I 2nd what Holly said!!! I also nearly pissed my pants reading Ro's comment about the whole body being around the ankles!! Who say's that? But gosh Ro is so right!! (Still lmao) Slow & steady wins the race! So, you keep doing you & flip her off!! Keep up the great work!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates