How Low Can You Go

The Stars Were Not Aligned This Week

>> Sunday, April 18, 2010



As you can see from the image above, I didn't make my "Yes You Can Stars" goal this week.  The food has been bad for the last few days.  You may wonder what I eat or what I strive to eat in a day:
- 2 servings of starches
-2-3 servings of protein
-2 servings of fruit
-3 servings of veggies
-1 serving of dairy (since I really can't drink milk, I usually have 2 yogurts)
-2 fats (peanut butter, nuts)
-1 "treat" around 100 calories

I do not count calories, but I try and follow these guidelines and it seems to have worked for me so far, when I say I did not get my food star it is because I went over in one or more of these categories.

       But alas, this is a new week.  This week I am going make it and I am going to up the ante. This week's prize for 19/21 stars is a new M.A.C lip gloss.  I love M.A.C!  This is motivation for me to do it!  The only real challenge that I foresee for this week is my Dad's bday on Friday, so that will be one star lost and I am allowed one more.

This week exercise:
-Monday: weight class and Zumba
-Tuesday: Step and spinning
-Wed: Body bar and Zumba
-Thursday: cardio (probably stairmaster and escalator aka suicide...because that's what it feels like when you are on it for half an hour)and bootcamp
-Friday: an hour cardio (same as above) and some weights
-Sat: Weight class and spinning
-Sun: spinning if I can wake up, if not cardio and weights on my own

Just writing this is getting me pumped, I only have 2 weeks of classes left, because they are shutting down all the classes in May because they are stupid mofos.  I still do not know what I am going to do.  Go to another gym?  Stay and just take some classes elsewhere? I am really not sure what i am going to do.

 As for food:

-Not be tempted by treats that are around me, and if I am HAVE ONE.
-Stay on track and remember that I am doing this because I want to be healthy and look the best that I can.

Summer is almost here (not weather wise though, booo).  I am so excited.  I love the heat, the freedom, the things to do!  Although I have experienced some set backs this week I am feeling alot better.  When I go to the store and try things on they are fitting better. This makes me happy and gives me the push I need.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Amberly April 19, 2010 at 1:11 AM  

Noce post, I love your system... givin' me some ideas of my own! Keep up the good work!

Ro April 19, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

I too LOVE LOVE MAC...we will have to talk on that.
And your correct its a NEW week so keep moving forward and leave last week....in the past.
Lets GO!

Corletta April 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

I, too, love MAC! That, my friend, is a FANTASTIC incentive. You can do it!

M April 19, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

Do you like taking walks? I know taking a walk isn't as high-impact as those spin and Zumba classes, but maybe you could try a fast pace or aim for more miles to get your heart pumping like those classes. I hope you find something you enjoy doing. Good luck!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates