How Low Can You Go

5 Ways To Beat Late Night Cravings

>> Monday, April 19, 2010

Tosca BeforeTosca Now!

Eat Clean Diet was developed by Tosca Reno, if you read Oxygen magazine then you know who she is.  She went from being over 200 pounds to a fitness competitor and she is over 50! She is honest, real and tells you how it is because she has been there herself.I  P.S. If I can look like that at 50, I swear...Her body is pretty sick.

I picked up the Eat Clean Diet book last year and although it has the word "diet" in it, it is more of a way of life.  That is what this is all about right? We want to to things that we can keep doing for the rest of our lives to stay in the fantastic shape that we are getting into.  If you have a chance you should pick up the book from your local library or ask for it on your next bday/Mother's Day.

I get the newsletter emailed to me and this issue had some great info on how to beat late night cravings.  I have attached a few of the ones that I thought were helpful:

I find late-night cravings normally come from boredom and not hunger. I stay busy in the evenings and they pass without a pig out.

I have found that [cravings] are rarely hunger related for me and that they will pass. So I distract myself. I take a bath with a great Oxygen mag and I brush my teeth. Nothing tastes very good after that, and I would hate to do it again!

With 5 meals a day and 100 plus oz of water, it's usually not an issue. However, when and if this problem arises, my answer is: ?water water water! I know that if my mind is saying 'snack,' it really means, 'H20.

I just had a piece of gum – it helps when I have the late night munchies … something to chew on!

I fix a nice steaming cup of decaf hot tea and sip it as I relax on the couch. It is calming and comforting

To satiate your evening hunger, try having one of the following small meal options:

If I get the urge, I'll try to stick to fruits and nuts.

Sometimes just a few spoons of yogurt/cottage cheese will do the trick.

I like the brushing the teeth idea, I don't know about you but once my teeth feel clean, I don't want to eat anything.

Have a great night!  Thanks to all who comment!  You keep me going!

9 comments:

PhluffyPrincess April 20, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

I've definitely been doing the water trick - but the tooth brushing is a GREAT idea!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Tammy April 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM  

Those are great tips!!! The way I beat the late night cravings is by saying, "Too bad fatty...no more food for you tonight...get over it." lol

Ashaki April 21, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

Tips to live by for sure. I have used all of them recently. But I have found that this best thing is to use the laptop upstairs instead of the computer downstairs adjacent to the kitchen. I'm so lazy that I don't want to go downstairs. lol And when I do work up the strength to go downstairs now because I had to do a lot of self-talk to get down there I have been making better choices (grapes, cut apple with cheese, water). I feel like I'm in a constant push-pull with my mind and brain. What I want versus what I need. A learning process indeed.

Nona April 21, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

Great post!!! Think I'll check out that book. That woman's body is all the incentive I need. :)

Thank God I've never been a late night eater but these are great tips if I ever feel the need to munch.

Corletta April 21, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

I have this book! I totally need to read back over it! She definitely has great advice. Thanks for the reminder!

M April 21, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Great post! I've been doing some of those tricks too. I plan out my whole day for eating, and I do allow a little wiggle room for a healthy snack after dinner and before bed if I feel hungry. Drinking water is a great trick to the mind.

LC April 21, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

These are some great tips!

LeeLee April 23, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

Loved this post! Thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates