How Low Can You Go

Summer Resolutions

>> Monday, April 5, 2010

I have come to the conclusion that I do not take advantage of living in my great city.  In the summer there is so much to see and do and I really take it for granted.  For this reason I have made a list of things that I want to do this summer and here you go:

  • Go downtown at least once a week, shopping, restaurants, the Old Port, what more can a girl ask for?
  • Go back to salsa lessons-- I took salsa for a few months and I loved it, not really sure why I stopped...
  • Go to the amusement park in the area.  I haven't been to an amusement park in years, I really like the thrill of roller coasters.
  • Go to the water slides, fun, fun , fun
  • Go to New York at least once, New York city has so much to do in the summer, Central Park , Broadway Shows, the MoMa, the Met, Canal Street, more shopping...
  • Go to Niagra Falls to see my childhood friend perform in a one woman show.
  • Read two books a week, at least one by a black author, if you have any suggestions, I would loveto hear them.
  • Go to the gym twice a day....or at least try to.
  • Do yoga once a week.  I am not crazy about yoga, I find it too slow.  I have given it a try in the past and noticed that it does improve my balance (in which I need a great deal of help) as well as my flexibility, so I will give it another try.  I really want to try HOT|YOGA.
  • Fireworks competition once a week.  In summer there is always a fireworks competition downtown, twice a week a different country presents their fireworks, it is beautiful and a great way to spend a night out under the stars
  • Just For Laughs Festival---go to the Nasty Show and the Ethnic show.  I love a good laugh, they say that humour can reduce stress and alot of other ailments.
  • Go down to the Jazz Festival as much as possible, free music under the stars? LOVE IT! Last year Stevie wonder opened and this year it's Lionel Ritchie!
  • Go to the movies every Tuesday (cheapy Tuesday 5$!)  Even if the movie sucks , hey its 5 BUCKS!
  • More to come....

As the summer nears I will post this on the side bar and cross the activities off as I do them, YEAH SUMMER


Made it to the gym this morning, only had an hour so I had to make it snappy.  I did 30 minutes on the StairMaster and time flew by because I downloaded so new songs to my MP3 player.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

M April 5, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

Those are great summer plans! I'm quite jealous at how many things you can do under the stars during the summer at your town. I'm excited for you! I need to download some new music to my ipod too. What kind of music did you put in?

Anonymous,  April 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Im not a great fan of Yoga either.. in the sense that I think its slow. If you are up for it try power yoga, harder, sweatier and more rewarding (I think).. Or try different instructors makes a HUGE difference

LeeLee April 17, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

I'm with "M", I wish I could do so many things under the stars this summer! I to need to take advantage of my city. Your summer is going to be slammin!!! I am not a fan of Yoga either but, I enjoy the 10 Min trainer Yoga with Tony Horton!! (P90X guy) Keep on Pushing!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates