How Low Can You Go

A Little Bit Of This and That

>> Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hiddy Ho Bloggers,
     Things have been going better, yesterday I went to Bootcamp and Zumba.  We have a new Zumba teacher, Jorje and he is the bomb.com (Ro that was for you)!  I am so picky about my Zumba teachers (I was spoiled when I first started with an AMAZING teacher, but can no longer take her classes).  So I am always so snobbish when I go to a class and it is not what I expect, BUT this guy is GRRRREAT!!

LA made a comment the other day and I would like to address a few things, because a few really good questions were mentioned:

You workout so intensely and are so dedicated to the physical components of weight loss so I'm wondering how you have been gaining for the past few weeks? Can you track for maybe three days or so what you eat on a regular basis? Are you eating high calorie foods, or just eating a lot of food? Do you think this is the cause of our gain despite your immense workout efforts, or is there another reason as to why you gain? Just asking because I've been through the same situation.
     I have always been in love with the gym.  Even when I was 272, I went to the gym.  Not everyday, and I didn't really have a routine like I do now, but I was still there.  Exercise is not my issue.  FOOD is, I have to eat so strickly to lose weight.  I have seen it and I know that it is the only way for me to lose.  I have to stay away from most starches, minimal bread, no pasta, no potatoes.  I have to drink ALOT of water and I have to stay away from sweets.  I cannot eat what I want when I want.  I cannot have a cheat day, and I can barely have a cheat meal.  Unfortunately, this is my reality.  I have to hit the gym most days. If I do all these things the weight flies off.  When I eat what I want, when I want, I gain weight faster than a mofo.  I know that most my workouts seem intense, but that is just how I am, I love the rush that I get from the gym and I really like the workout.  Even when I reach goal weight (notice I said when, not if )  I am still going to go to the gym everyday, it is just who I am.


I know that I am a day late, but I got this over at DesperateStudent,




FMM: Makeup Favorites


  1. Do you wear makeup everyday? No, depends how much time I have in the morning and how I feel. Most days I wear lip gloss.  This is also funny because I own ALOT of makeup, but you would never know from looking at me everyday.
  2. Does your routine change if you’re going out with friends/on a date/to a party? Definitely, when I am out with friends it really depends where we are going.  If I go out on a date (haven't been on one of those in FOREVER, but that is for another post) I would wear tasteful make up.  If I go to a party that is when I pull out all the stops.  I have always been told that I have a gift for make up the sad thing is I can do MY make up but I am hesitant to do others.  I am always afraid that they won't like it.
  3. Are you loyal to one brand, or do you use different brands for different things? M.A.C girl for LIFE!  Except for mascara and eyeliner, I buy all my other make up at MAC.  When I was younger it was so hard to find make up for blacks in Montreal.  In High School every black girl wore Blackberry by Revolon.  When I was in Grade 8 my friend got a MAC lipstick for her bday from her Mom.  She didn't like the color and gave it to me, let me tell you that I used that lipstick like it was gold.  I swear it lasted my 2 years.
  4. Do you wear primer/concealer? If so, what’s your favorite kind? A little conceler under the eyes on special occasions, but it is the samples that I ask for at the store
  5. What’s your favorite brand of foundation? MAC (surprise, surprise)  I don't use a foundation, I use a tinted mosturizer.  I have been blessed with nice skin and I try not to but to much stuff on it.
  6. Do you use blush and/or bronzer?  Sometimes, blush when I go out and bronzer in t he winter when I find that I look pale.
  7. Do you wear eye shadow/eye liner?  OH yes! I love liquid liner, I will wear any color eyeshadow, it depends on my mood.
  8. What’s your favorite kind of mascara? No preference, whatever is on sale.
  9. Lipstick? Lip gloss? Both? Favorite? I use Vaseline, with lipgloss, I have recently got into red lipstick and I love it when I go out.  The first time I tried it I thought i looked like the Joker, but it has really grown on me.  I love Pop Mode by MAC and I also love the Dazzle glasses.  My new favorite lipstick is called Brave Red
  10. Do you wear nail polish regularly?  If so, share a few of your favorite brands/colors.  Not really.
  11. How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day?  This is a must.  I am faithful to the Body Shop Tea Tree line.  I use the toner, the face wash and the face scrub.
  12. Do you feel prettier when you’re wearing makeup? Not necessarily.  I like the look when i am all dressed up to have make up on.  It ads some glamour, but i also like just having a "naked" face.
  13. Do you have any beauty tips that you could pass along?  Don't smoke, don't drink to much, wash your face at night and keep it moisturized.  Don't wear to much foundation/cover up and drink lots of water.
Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  January 31, 2012 at 12:25 PM  

Hey girly...like you I have to stay on top of my eating to drop weight. Just wondering what tinted moisturizer you use? I tried Avon's a while back and it wasn't for me, but I'm willing to try another brand. thx.

MissHaneefa January 31, 2012 at 1:04 PM  

I use M.A.C tinted moisturiser in Deep Dark. I like it because it is light and goes on well. Sometimes I even just use a drop with my face cream.

Desperate Student January 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM  

I love your attitude towards the gym.. Wanna rub it off on me a little? I love crossfit but thats only one hour of the day. I am literally forcing myself the way you'd force a child to eat broccoli when I go the normal gym. On the bright side, though, I have some clear cut goals now so we'll see how that goes!

Thanks for your sweet comment, it made my day :)

LA,  January 31, 2012 at 10:25 PM  

Thanks for your response. I am in the same boat as you..I realize that weight loss is a numbers game and what I eat has a MUCH bigger impact on losing weight than how much I workout. I can't wait for the day that I can not have to be on the "restrictive" diet and can live a healthy life with cheat days and not worry about losing/gaining..Resisting food is such a barrier but extremely necessary to this new lifestyle. Good luck, but serious kudos for you for all of your hardwork!

Dawnya January 31, 2012 at 10:57 PM  

Sista girl... you konw what you gotta do to get what you desire. I have faith in your ability to succeed!! Keep doing what works. I miss Zumba!! I can't find a good instructor.

Maren February 1, 2012 at 3:36 AM  

Personally, I don't think weight is lost in the gym. It's lost in the kitchen. The gym is just a health bonus for your body, but food is king. You're doing an amazing job on your exercise though, keep it up!

Erin February 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM  

I work out every day but I know I won't see a lose unless I've kept my eating in check. It's a tough and frustrating reality for most people. I still think you've got a great attitude though and being active is so important for our health!!

Tim February 3, 2012 at 5:29 PM  

I love the rush I get from an intense workout. I even do it full on or not at all. The sweatier I get, the better I feel afterwards.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates