How Low Can You Go

Spring Chick Challenge: Week 2

>> Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Week 2 is here and things are going.  Yesterday, I weighed in and I was at 214.  Down 1.2 from last week.  I was in a bit of a funk, Monday and Tuesday, but today I am feeling better and plan to hit the gym hard for the next few days.  Time to look at how my challenge goals are going:

My goal will be to fit into a size 12 piece of clothing or smaller. I have NEVER owed anything in a size less than 14. This is going well.  I bought a skirt in size 12, so I am on my weigh.

I will aim to drink 2 l of water a day, keep my calories under 1750 Except for yesterday, I have been drinking at least 2 litres of water. I think I am going to nix the calorie count since I don't have a great way to measure.

I will try and do some sort of activity everyday. I will complete my half marathon in February in under 2 hours and 31 minutes ( my last time) This WAS going well, until Monday and Tuesday when I stayed home.   The race that I was suppose to run in Feb. is sold out, so I have been so bummed about it that I have been taking a bit of a break from running. I am going to sign up for the Ottawa half next week (hopefully I remember) that will make it official, then I will have to start training.  Also, this may sound stupid, but the zipper on my winter running jacket broke so even if I wanted to run outside, I do not have a proper jacket and all you fellow Canadians know that when you are outside and it is -11C plus windchill, you need to be dressed properly.

Commit to blogging at least twice weekly and 1 of those times must be you check in with a complete up date on your progress. All other blogs could include new insights, results of weekly challenges, or just letting others know how you are doing.
Commit to support... both giving and receiving. Check others blogs and comment as you feel motivated to do.  This has been going great.  Thank you for all the support, it means the world to me.



This week:
  • Head to the gym everyday for the rest of the week, get on the treadmill as much as possible in the next few days
Have a great week!



12 comments:

ChiChi January 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM  

Miss Haneefa, good job on the weight loss! Bad days, come along with the good ones, but you picked yourself up and are back at it again! Keep it up! I can't wait for you to sign up for the half marathon, so I can hear your training tips! I signed up for my first 10k O_o and want to do a half marathon in October.

ms.composure January 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM  

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog luv! def enjoyed this post!! good luck on your health journey! i hope that you are able to accomplish your goal!!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Stephanie January 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM  

Congrats on your loss! Oh man, I wanna do a half marathon but I better start with a 5k first huh? lol! Keep it up!

Mrs. Bradley January 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM  

Congrats on your loss. Sorry 2 hear about the mishaps . I hope you shake the funk and get back in the groove. I am sure you will find the right 1/2 marathon for you. I look forward to hearing about it. have great week.

Mrs. Bradley January 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM  

Congrats on your loss. Sorry 2 hear about the mishaps . I hope you shake the funk and get back in the groove. I am sure you will find the right 1/2 marathon for you. I look forward to hearing about it. have great week.

Maren January 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM  

We slip sometimes, but it is what it is. You lost 1.2lb, let that motivate you :D

Anonymous,  January 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM  

That's a fantastic loss! And I wouldn't be running in those temperatures without the proper gear either! Brrrr!

illiterate January 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM  

Sorry about the race, but congrats on your loss! Hope that you're having a blast at the gym as I write this :D I bet the other race you're doing instead will be way more fun since you'll be there anyways! xx

- DS

Erin January 18, 2012 at 7:43 PM  

You're going to be wearing nothing but 12s before you know it!!

Emily January 19, 2012 at 3:39 AM  

I know how you feel about the size thing. I've been bordering 14 for a bit now but I really would just love to be a 12! that would be fantastic!

I'm signing up to do a 5K Race for Life. I'm looking forward to starting training for that!

Tim January 20, 2012 at 1:24 PM  

Congratulations on the loss!

I don't blame you for not running in -11C without the correct gear. It would probably do you more harm than good.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates