How Low Can You Go

Sick Like A Dog

>> Sunday, January 8, 2012

Heyyyyyy! I am not feeling so hot, so I didn't go to the gym today. I stayed in bed all day. Sniffling, sneezing and all that good stuff. Yesterday was a much better day, I went to the gym, did an hour of cardio and half an hour of weights and ate well, dinner was a spicy, maple tilapia with a side of spinach.
Things have been going pretty well. I am sad because I have to go back to work tomorrow. I am going to try and be really good this month. I teach at a high school and we are always having bake sales to raise money and this month there is Market Week, were students come up with a concept and sell it to make a profit to the student body. Most of the teams sell food; shakes, cupcakes, crepes, you get the picture. This year I am avoiding the whole thing. I love to support my students, but it never turns out good for me and my waist line. Also in March I am going on vacation, I have 57 days until vacation (but who is counting)that is about 7 weeks, I will be lenient and say one pound a week, so I can be around 208 for vacation.

This week, I am heading to the gym everyday. I haven't been running besides a few short stints in the treadmill, because I am still down that I didn't get a spot in the hypothermic half marathon race. On my 'to do list' this week is to register for the Ottawa half marathon in May and for the Ile Bizzard blizzard race in February. Last year, the Blizzard race was my first 10 k race and I came in second to last ( I was the last female, I finished in an hour and eight minutes, these races are kinda fast). I am debating if I should register for the 10k again or just do the 5k.

Tomorrow I have to go and shop for my lunches for the week. I am on a fish binge. So it will be more tilapia and salmon with a side of peppers and/or spinach.

I am reading an amazing book, ROOM by Emma Donahue, the book is written from the point of view of a five year old whose mother was kidnapped and he was raised in a room for his whole life.
Weight in is Tuesday, tomorrow I will post my tag post, I was tagged by a few fellow bloggers. Have a great night.

6 comments:

Denise January 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM  

I hope you feel better soon. I feel like I might be coming down with a cold as well. My son has pneumonia and doesn't ever cover his mouth (he's 3) I wouldn't doubt it if I were getting sick. I think it's a great idea to stay away from the goodies at school too. Good luck with that.

illiterate January 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM  

Feel better soon! Sounds like you have a good handle on your goals, best wishes this week! Can't wait for more updates. Sorry you didn't get your race spot but it seems like you have plenty more to choose from so good for you :) xx

- DS

Anonymous January 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM  

I read the book Room and I loved it! At first I thought it would be weird reading a book from the five-year-old point of view, but it was great.

Hope you enjoy it and good luck on your journey!

wannabe former fatgirl January 9, 2012 at 4:53 AM  

Feel better soon! Being sick seems to be going around everywhere, Im sick too!

Maren January 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM  

Awww, sorry you're sick! I hope you feel better soon!

MizTori January 9, 2012 at 1:45 PM  

Feel better! And yeah, kids are always selling food of some type from school down here too.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates