How Low Can You Go

U-G-L-Y You Don't Have No Alibi

>> Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Since the surgery things are getting better, I miss working out so much.  I am a bit miserable.  I can't wrap my head around staying home.  I can't wait until next week so that I can start running and working out again.  Like I said before I never want to go back to the hospital again.  My job is to take the best care of myself as possible.  I can eat solid foods again and I have been careful with what I eat (with the exception of pizza that I had last night).  I am really trying to do my best in the next few weeks.  I am so close to my all time low of 203 and I am even closer to 200.  I have not been this weight since 2003. I have made a new list of goals/rewards and the next one is at 207, I will get a new blush from M.A.C.
    I know this sounds vain, but the scar that I am going to have from this surgery is going to be so ugly. It is about 4 inches across the base of my neck in the front of my body.  I swear you may as well call me Frankenstein.  I look like I was strangled with telephone cord. But, there is nothing that I can do, being black is great, sure I am 30 and look 23, yet when you scar it is really bad and lasts for close to infinite.  Thankfully this isn't Japan circa geisha times when your neck was the sexiest part of your body because I would be Quasimodo.

3 comments:

Amberly November 4, 2010 at 1:24 AM  

My friend just had her thyroid removed a few weeks ago... She's Asian and has very sensitive skin... Scars do heal, maybe not perfectly but less noticeable.

Ro November 4, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

Ok 1st I am so envious that you get to stay home..Trade Ya..lol
*I KNOW you will make it to your all time low...your determined and you work hellah hard!!

and lastly....make that scar work for you Haneefa...I don’t think it vain of you. You want to be the best you inside and out.
It will lighten over time. Mederma (sp) helps, cocoa butter and shea butter
I have scars that I thought would be the end of my sexy...but I just took care of them and they look fine.
Now if it were ME...I'd let it heal...and lighten then I'd get a tattoo around it to make it SEXXXXXXXY!!!
:-)

Yum Yucky November 4, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

I'm just catching on, so I don't know why you had surgery, but I wish you speedy recovery! I've had c-sections and laproscopically fixed hernias, so I know about scarring. BUT! They do seem to get better over time.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates