How Low Can You Go

A Few Words...

>> Sunday, November 28, 2010

I am back to work tomorrow after 5 weeks off form surgery.  I am anxious, but I am excited to go back to work.  Even though the pay would not keep me in the profession forever. I love teaching.  I don't care what people say about teenagers 98% good.

 Let us take a look at the  physical activity that I planned to do last week:

M- Muscle Challenge Class and Zumba DONE!
T- Tight and Toned or Chisel Circuit Class,  Did tight and toned (A lady brought her newborn baby to class, she was working out and he was chillin', didn't make a sound the whole time) 4K run, YES! Zumba Nope, running ran late
W- Core Class?Nope 4K run YES!
T-Zumba, ChiselChallenge in the am, YUP! Muscle Challenge in the pm Nope
F- Zumba Tone Nope
S-Tight n Toned, Zumba and Muscle Challenge, YES I did the three classes!
S- 8K Run Was out late didn't make it :(

I heard another lady say she doesn't want to life heavy because she doesn't want her arms to get big.  NEWSFLASH: Women we DO NOT have enough testosterone in our bodies to achieve the same muscle mass as men.  Even if you lift 15 pounds for biceps you will NOT get man arms, what you will get is sexy shaped guns, that you can show off all summer. 

Not bad, 5 days of activity.  I don't know why but the scale keeps moving up, I am not sure if it is because of the increased activity, but it makes me sad.  I have not really been eating more, but I am so frustrated.
I went to a party yesterday and ran into a girl, I went to school with a few years ago.  I haven't seen her in a few years and she looks great.  She asked if I have a blog.  I had to chuckle to myself.  I sometimes forget that ANYONE could be reading this.  Not necessarily a bad thing, I guess I just forget.

The good news is even if the scale is moving in the wrong direction. People at the party said I looked really good.  That is always nice to hear. 

Nevertheless, a wave of discouragement seems to have me in its grasp.  Why can't my body see that I am working so hard and react?  Why can't it loss more than a pound a week?  Where are the muscles hiding? I know you are there, you hurt when I work you hard. Come out come out wherever you are...I don't want to give up, but sometimes I feel like I am fighting a losing battle.  Maybe I am not meant to be less than 203 pounds, maybe it is not possible. 
I will not let the damn scale get me down, at least that is what I try and tell myself.  I am still here, looking to get into the best shape of my life.  But weeks are turning into years and as the years go by, the effort increases, but the weight does not.  Even if I feel like crap, I still try and do the best that I can.  I may not have lost all the weight in a year or two or even three, but I am still trying and that is all that I can do.  I vowed that I would never go back to the hospital, the sounds, the smells, I want nothing to do with it.  I just want to make each day worth it.  I do not want to have ask myself, what if I didn't eat that __________? What if I went to the gym that extra day. Some of you are going to say, "put away the scale".  No can do, it is like my GPS, it guides me in the direction that I need to go.  I see it as a compass, a mute trainer.  It tells me if I have to work harder. Sad., but true.

I keep forgetting that I am racing on Saturday, this will be the first race since the surgery, am I ready, no. All I can do is run my little heart out.  I hope that my time in still in the low thirties and that I am not any slower.

This week's plan:
M-Muscle Up, Zumba
T-3K, Zumba
W-Run with co-worker/Hill Training
T-Legs and Arms/Muscle Challenge
F-REST
S-5K RACE!
S-8K

Hope that everyone had a nice weekend.
P.S.I can't get that Rhianna/Drake song "What's My Name?"  out of my head!  OH NANA, WHAT'S MY NAME? Oh na na, what's my name?

10 comments:

Ro November 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

and SHE'S BACK!!!
Yas Haneefa 5 days is wonderful. Youve encouraged me to post my workouts more for real...
glad you back and feeling better :-)

Licklemslady November 28, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

You are something else!!! Have you always been athletic? Did you play sports or run track in your younger years? Your discipline is definitely admirable! I just can't seem to wrap my head around anyone who's ever been busty being able to partake in that much activity in a week. One by one your taking away my escuses...still have many to go though lol

Anonymous,  November 29, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

LOL, now that song is stuck in my head. You are getting some good workouts in girly.

Ronkidonks November 29, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

WOHOO on the exercise!!

I know this is late, but I was down a pound last week for the challenge.

LOVEOFMYLIFE1924 November 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

Who knew I would read your blog post and that song would be right back in my head! I can't believe you! Stay encouraged! You are doing an awesome job and before you know it, that scale will tiake a dive and next spring/summer you will have Michelle Obama arms! Get it girl! Keep going!

Miesha Roshawn November 29, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

Might I offer up just a little bit of advise? I think we all have gotten to a place where the scale might not reflect the amount of work we are putting in. When I was still over 200 pounds (hovering close to the 100's) the scale stayed there for a few weeks. The idea is to work smarter, not harder. I'm not a runner so I cannot comment on that but I will suggest you start HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts. I do not coach for beachbody but I can tell you the Turbo Fire (Chalene Johnson) set will transform your body! It's worth every single dollar that it cost. I've had great results and I'm on my second round, week eight. Outside of Turbo Fire I do two Spinning classes a week and three days of weights.

Stay encouraged! I know this is sometimes easier said than done, especially when frustration begins to set in BUT you can do it!

Anonymous,  November 29, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

Hey girl!! Glad everything went well and you are heading back to work. I've had a lot going on the last month but I'm still here and in the challenge if it's ok?

As far as the scale, I know exactly what you mean. I've been at a stand still myself. But I'm determined to get pass it and overcome in! We can do this!! :-)

Girlventures November 29, 2010 at 3:14 PM  

My goal is to run half as much as you do, seriously. I'd like to run a 5k straight. I admire your dedication and feel the pain of the numbers and scale "not acting right". Glad you're still in it!

erica November 29, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

seriously you are absolutely amazing and so inspirational!

xo

Shannie (akaSolidice242) November 30, 2010 at 7:03 AM  

You really let your emotions out in this one. I know part of what you feel. I really wish there was some advice I could give you but I feel like I can't give you advice because you have been doing this longer than I have. You know your body better than I do and I am not a professional. I guess you would have to look at what you are eating. I had really good results when I was eating food that had a low glycemic number.Maybe you should change up your workout for a while and do low impact or interval training. Maybe that will help.

Either way I admire your dedication and I am sure it will pay off. You are one of my favourite bloggers, you are always encouraging others and you are an inspiration to me (and a lot of other persons) hang in there you will get there. Until then do what I do cuss out the scale...lol it makes me feel better anyways.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates