How Low Can You Go

"Celebrity" Workout Videos

>> Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Yesterday, I posted this situation.  I began to think about all the celebrities that have workout videos.  I found a few examples:

I am a huge dancehall  reggae fan. Elephant Man is a huge dancehall reggae artist from Jamaica, a few years ago he made a video. (I actually got to meet him and Tony Matterhorn when I was in Japan) I think this was joke and never sold in stores, but at least you got to learn some of the dance moves that were hot at the time.  Girls in the back in gold bikinis? At least they have running shoes on...Where are they in a warehouse?



Buffy the Body is a model/video vixen.  She sounds like she is reading from a script.  Buffy is a similar build to Anowa, but to me Buffy could be a little more toned.  She is known for her booty and I guess people who want a booty like hers will get this video.



Kim Kadarshian, in the last year she released the "Fit Into Your Jeans By Friday" series. I guess this is not "her" video because she is not the instructor, only participating.  What is with the rack of clothes in the back?  Is the showing her bra?  That would not fly in a reall workout situation.



Mel B aka Scary Spice from the Spice Girls.  Out of all the videos this one seems the most genuine and if I had a choice, I guess this is the one that I would get.  I really like Mel B. and she seems like a fun person.  Her accent is so cute.

 

Does this mean that if you have a nice body that you can have a workout video?  I did a little research and this is nothing new, Cher, Carmen Electra, the Baywatch Workout, the list goes on and on.  I guess if you add a celebrity's name to something people will buy it and workout stuff is not any different.

To be honest, I don't think that I would buy a celebrity workout video unless it was a celebrity that was larger and then lost weight in a healthy manner, but even then I don't think so.

I must give credit where credit is due and at least they are promoting an active lifestyle.  If it takes a celebrity for someone to start exercising so be it.  It is similar to Oprah and her book club.  Some people only read Oprah book club books, well at least they are reading.  If that is what it takes so be it.

Have you ever bought a celebrity workout video?

Which celebrity would you like to see in a workout video?  I know that L.L. Cool J, has books but I could not find a workout video, to be honest I don't think that I would do much working out, just sit there and watch the video ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous,  November 17, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

I love workout DVDs! My favorite celebrity workout is Paula Abdul's Get Up and Dance. Check out my before & after pics at www.fabworkoutdvds.blogspot.com. See if there are any celebrity workout DVDs that I've done, that you might like.

Shannie (akaSolidice242) November 17, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

I have the celeb workout vids by Mel B and Kim Kardash (it was free I didn't pay for them) I can't bring myself to try them out though. I was keeping up with the Kardashians and Kim goes to a gym to workout with a trainer, so she lost creditability as far as I am concerned. I am not attracted to anything that is endorsed by a celeb. For some reason I always feel like the company is trying to scam me. Celebs are paid to say they like a product point blank.

Randi@kickingfat November 17, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

The only one I would even think about buying is Mel B. Only bc um have you seen her body? It's sick... Her abs alone are fire. So it's obvious she's used to being in the gym and getting her exercise on.

Al November 17, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Not a fan of the celeb workout videos. Definitely not a fan of Kim K in any way. I tried to do that workout On Demand, and saw her outfit and clicked stop. She wasn't even pretending to be serious.

erica November 18, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

I love Kim K's workout video... it tightened my booty so good... loved it!

xo

MegFordice November 20, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Have you ever done the Tracy Anderson cardio dance series? She's that trainer that works with Gwyneth Paltrow. I've always been curious about her workouts.

Also, who works out with hoop earrings in their ears??? Isn't that dangerous?

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates