How Low Can You Go

It Feels Good!

>> Thursday, November 18, 2010

     Just came back from a run!  Boy, let me tell you it feels so good to be back in the game. At first I was freezing (It is about 5 C/41 F), but I warmed up real fast.

Distance:  4.45 K
Time: 33:39
Calories: 432
Memo to self I need gloves and a headband to cover my ears and maybe something for my neck. Tomorrow's goal 5K. I may just make the 50K goal I set for November...I am currently debating what I want to set for Dec. 85K? Is that reasonable?
I stepped on the scale this morning 210, not bad.  Still up 3 pounds, I would be satisfied if I can be down one more for the weigh in tomorrow.  I hate that it takes a day or 2 to gain 5 or 6 pounds but it takes it a month lose those bitches.  I am a little worried about the ONEderland Challenge (get under 200 pounds by Christmas), when I was at 207 it seemed doable, now at 210 it seems a little less achievable. Saturday, I will be back at my classes and Saturday evening they are hosting a FREE Zumba class at Lululemon at the mall near my house, I am really excited.

In the New Year, I want to volunteer more, I want to add this to my list of resolutions.  I am blessed to have alot in my life and I feel that I should give back more.  I am going to look into doing a few hours a month, maybe something geared to youth.  I will be gift wrapping at the mall for a few days before Christmas for a local hospital, so that is a start.  I *heart* gift wrapping, I am pretty good at it, so why not share the wealth.
Can I just say that I am really feeling Kanye's new song "Monster".

See you tomorrow for the 15 in 15 Challenge Weigh In

8 comments:

Shannie (akaSolidice242) November 18, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

Congratulations on your run! I can read your excitement. I know exactly how you feel about the about gaining weight though why is losing so much harder than gaining???? We will pray that you make your goal

Miesha Roshawn November 18, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

Keep up the great work!! Stay on it, you're sure to reach your goal!

Single Ma November 18, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

Happy to read you're running again. Welcome back!

LOVEOFMYLIFE1924 November 18, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

The run sounds great! Volunteering is a great idea. I have been volunteering and helping teenage girls after church for 2 hours to discuss every day issues. That has enriched my life and I think volunteering is a beautiful thing.

erica November 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

girl you are doing so amazing! Keep up the fabulous work.

xo

Amberly November 19, 2010 at 3:14 AM  

You can do anything that you set your mind and put your heart into. 87K is doable.... Make a schedule. If you happen to run every single day without a rest day... that's 2.7K a day... You got that...

Whenever I feel like things are slowing down... I try no to focus on the big thing (like 10lbs by xmas) Focus on 1LB at a time.. when you drop that pound you will feel accomplished and want to move on to the next pound.

Keep up the good work!!!

Oh and the volunteering.... what about starting up a running youth group or something. It will help you reach your goals too.

Anonymous,  November 20, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

Work it out mama. I've got to hear the new Kanye, I've been walking around singing "Runaway" all week.

Licklemslady November 24, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

Wow! i cant run 5 blocks much less 5K...i've always used my size n the size of my boobs to justify my inability to do so.But it's on the "To Do" list...along with volunteering as well. Kudos to you for being a step ahead of some of us!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates