How Low Can You Go

Featured Challenger: Ronke143 @ Young, Black and Banded

>> Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This week's featured challenger is Ronke143 over at Young, Black and Banded, she has lost over 8 pounds so far in the challenge and is doing a fantastic job!  Check out her blog and take a look at her answers to the questions:

Why are you in this challenge?

I'm on a mission to be under 200 pounds by the new year, this challenge is just the motivation I need.

What are the top 5 things you did this week to help you loss weight?
Exercise, healthy food choices, calorie counting, planned out my meals and avoided liquid calories
What is the best piece of advice you can give to challengers?
I would say do what works for you, and what you can stick to. The low carb route works for me, it may not work for you. Find something that you will stick to and do just that....STICK TO IT!

What keeps you motivated?
Being able to be as active as I would like to be. Fitting into old clothes, and shrinking out of my current wardrobe.

Favorite healthy meal/snack?
I love Oikos' caramel greek yogurt. I have this every morning for breakfast. It's delicious and tastes like I'm "cheating" but it's packed with protein!

What are your weaknesses/downfalls and how do you deal with them?
My weakness is I'm a boredom eater. I try to stay busy, and eliminate the situations in which I would revert back to that. At the same time, I allow myself a treat or two once in a while. I feel like when I do that it takes care of the craving, and makes the next one a lot more managable.

If you could describe youself in one word (maybe two if you must) what would it be?
Determined!
(My friends and I were obsessed with 'Love and Baskeball' growing up. There's a line in the move where [young] Quincy's father scolds him about saying "can't", I don't know why that stuck with me, but it has!)

What does being physically fit mean to you? Describe some characteristics both physical and mental
Being physically fit means not being limited of inhibited by my own body. Physically, in it's simplist form, it means being able to go through my daily life with no difficulties, and also being able to partake in the things I enjoy without fear of ,y body holding me back. Mentally, it's the peace of mind that my body is capeable of completing tasks. Whether that be raking leaves, chasing after my newphews and neice, or competing in a 5K.

Is there one exercise that you always wanted to try but haven't? Will you?
Kickboxing. It looks like so much fun, and a good workout! I'm currently on a cycling fix, but once it's time to change it up, I'll be heading for kickboxing.

What is your favorite motivational quote?
The [wo]man who says [s]he can and the [wo]man who says [s]he cannot are both right!"

What is your best body part? How would you describe it?
Does my brain count? It's never let me down, and only gets better the older I get!

Name 3 of your favorite exercises.
Cycling, Zumba and Bootcamp!

For all my American bloggers if you want to send me your weigh in before Friday (today or tomorrow), that would be great.  I know that if you weigh in Friday after the big day, it may put a damper on you mentally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates