>> Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Hiddy Ho Bloggers,
Things have been going better, yesterday I went to Bootcamp and Zumba. We have a new Zumba teacher, Jorje and he is the bomb.com (Ro that was for you)! I am so picky about my Zumba teachers (I was spoiled when I first started with an AMAZING teacher, but can no longer take her classes). So I am always so snobbish when I go to a class and it is not what I expect, BUT this guy is GRRRREAT!!
LA made a comment the other day and I would like to address a few things, because a few really good questions were mentioned:
I have always been in love with the gym. Even when I was 272, I went to the gym. Not everyday, and I didn't really have a routine like I do now, but I was still there. Exercise is not my issue. FOOD is, I have to eat so strickly to lose weight. I have seen it and I know that it is the only way for me to lose. I have to stay away from most starches, minimal bread, no pasta, no potatoes. I have to drink ALOT of water and I have to stay away from sweets. I cannot eat what I want when I want. I cannot have a cheat day, and I can barely have a cheat meal. Unfortunately, this is my reality. I have to hit the gym most days. If I do all these things the weight flies off. When I eat what I want, when I want, I gain weight faster than a mofo. I know that most my workouts seem intense, but that is just how I am, I love the rush that I get from the gym and I really like the workout. Even when I reach goal weight (notice I said when, not if ) I am still going to go to the gym everyday, it is just who I am.
I know that I am a day late, but I got this over at DesperateStudent,
FMM: Makeup Favorites
- Do you wear makeup everyday? No, depends how much time I have in the morning and how I feel. Most days I wear lip gloss. This is also funny because I own ALOT of makeup, but you would never know from looking at me everyday.
- Does your routine change if you’re going out with friends/on a date/to a party? Definitely, when I am out with friends it really depends where we are going. If I go out on a date (haven't been on one of those in FOREVER, but that is for another post) I would wear tasteful make up. If I go to a party that is when I pull out all the stops. I have always been told that I have a gift for make up the sad thing is I can do MY make up but I am hesitant to do others. I am always afraid that they won't like it.
- Are you loyal to one brand, or do you use different brands for different things? M.A.C girl for LIFE! Except for mascara and eyeliner, I buy all my other make up at MAC. When I was younger it was so hard to find make up for blacks in Montreal. In High School every black girl wore Blackberry by Revolon. When I was in Grade 8 my friend got a MAC lipstick for her bday from her Mom. She didn't like the color and gave it to me, let me tell you that I used that lipstick like it was gold. I swear it lasted my 2 years.
- Do you wear primer/concealer? If so, what’s your favorite kind? A little conceler under the eyes on special occasions, but it is the samples that I ask for at the store
- What’s your favorite brand of foundation? MAC (surprise, surprise) I don't use a foundation, I use a tinted mosturizer. I have been blessed with nice skin and I try not to but to much stuff on it.
- Do you use blush and/or bronzer? Sometimes, blush when I go out and bronzer in t he winter when I find that I look pale.
- Do you wear eye shadow/eye liner? OH yes! I love liquid liner, I will wear any color eyeshadow, it depends on my mood.
- What’s your favorite kind of mascara? No preference, whatever is on sale.
- Lipstick? Lip gloss? Both? Favorite? I use Vaseline, with lipgloss, I have recently got into red lipstick and I love it when I go out. The first time I tried it I thought i looked like the Joker, but it has really grown on me. I love Pop Mode by MAC and I also love the Dazzle glasses. My new favorite lipstick is called Brave Red
- Do you wear nail polish regularly? If so, share a few of your favorite brands/colors. Not really.
- How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day? This is a must. I am faithful to the Body Shop Tea Tree line. I use the toner, the face wash and the face scrub.
- Do you feel prettier when you’re wearing makeup? Not necessarily. I like the look when i am all dressed up to have make up on. It ads some glamour, but i also like just having a "naked" face.
- Do you have any beauty tips that you could pass along? Don't smoke, don't drink to much, wash your face at night and keep it moisturized. Don't wear to much foundation/cover up and drink lots of water.