How Low Can You Go

Run Run Revolution

>> Monday, June 13, 2011

    Last night, I happened to come upon Run Run Revolution™ a two hour special series following 10 inactive  Canadian middle school students (most are 13 years old) as they train to run in the youth section of the Boston Marathon (Relay and 5K).  The stars, however, are the kids themselves.  They are the faces of the next generation of Canadians, one whose state of health need not be dictated by fast-food and video games.
       I was really impressed with these kids, they went from eating 2 bags of chips a  day and doing no exercise to running a 5K in 12 short weeks.  They trained for 3 months with their physical education teacher and they were all supportive of each other all the way.


There were some hilarious moment; when one girl showed up to the first practice in jeans and ill fitting running shoes.


The group came in second in the relay (there were 10 schools) and they were ecstatic.  They had never dreamed that it would have been possible.


    A great special, Google it and I am sure you can watch it online.

4 comments:

Healthier Me June 13, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

OOooo!!! I'm so going to try to find this! Maybe I can learn how to run while I'm watching lol

Mrs. Bradley June 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

Sounds interesting. Definitely gotta check it out.

Healthier Me June 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM  

cbc.ca won't let me watch it cause I don't live in Canada ='(

Tim June 15, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

I love TV shows like that. I'll try and find this on the net somewhere :)

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates