How Low Can You Go

7 Day Detox Challange: Anyone In?

>> Saturday, June 25, 2011

     I want to do a simple 7 Day Detox.  I have been thinking about it for a long time and I think that it would be a good way to kick start the summer.  I am thinking of starting on Monday, June 27th, is anyone interested? I read the details over at Tosca Reno's site. Tosca is the Queen of Clean Eating and is often featured in Oxygen Magazine.  Here is the break down of the seven days:

     On days one and two, stick with liquids. Drink only water, water with lemon (or lime) squeezed into it, and herbal teas. It's a good idea to drink at least eight glasses of water or other fluids daily up to a maximum of about 100 ounces (about 3 L) per day.

Days 3-7 you can add fruits and veggies.

Depending how I feel, I will try and stick to the liquids.

It seems simple enough.

I am going to maintain my workout scheduale during this time. (This is a very rough outline)

M- Tabata, spinning
T- body design, ab blast
W- Run
T- Zumba, Run
F- Hot Yoga
S- Sweatshop (if I can wake up in time, if not rest)
S- Run, Zumba

Is anyone in?

If so let me know.  I will record my Day 1 weight in and my weight in on Day 7.  As well as how I am doing along the way.  I wish I was more computer savy, I could make a cool badge.  I think that this could be fun!

When this is all over, I think that I am going to try hitting the gym twice a day or at least doing something active twice a day.

Let me know what you think!

9 comments:

Mrs. Bradley June 25, 2011 at 7:07 PM  

WOW.... I wish I was as brave as you. I can't imagine fasting for 2 days...then just fruits & veggies. I would pass out. Especially chasing after a 2 and a 3 year old. I look forward to seeing your results. I will be cheering you on.

Alexia June 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM  

Is it safe to exercise while on a detox?

Anonymous,  June 26, 2011 at 7:36 AM  

New visitor to your blog...I'm in!!

NicelyAnonymous,  June 26, 2011 at 7:40 AM  

Start is 177 (Sunday)

LeeLee June 26, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

I don't think I would last on water alone for the 1st 2 days and with my workouts I will pass out! I am rooting for you though, looking forward to seeing your results. Good Luck Hun!!!

Ro June 27, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

*high five*....your energy may be low on liquids for the first 2 days but you can definitely go walking.
Good luck :-)

MissHaneefa June 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

@dimple snatcher--I will have to see how I feel. I will try and not go too hard at the gym and if I am not feeling it, I won't go at all.

@Nicelyanonymous-- Yeah! DO you have a blog? Hope that you can check it daily and let me know how you are doing

Tim June 27, 2011 at 6:12 PM  

Eeek, just finished my own challenge and dying not to have any restrictions in what I eat this week but count me in for any future challenges you're going to participate in :)

Ms. Cyone July 4, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

Hey MsHaneefa!

I'm getting back into my healthy lifestyle and this seems just the thing to reset myself, I think this would be fun to try to.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates