How Low Can You Go

The Time Has Come

>> Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Some of you who have been around this blog for awhile, may remember back in June when I found out  that I have to have my thyroid removed. Well, the time has come.  I have to go for my pre-op blood work and other tests next Tuesday and I have been told that the surgery will be in the beginning of Nov.  I am scared because I have never stayed in the hospital overnight, yet alone had such a surgery, the closest thing I have had to this is in 2003 when I had a day surgery and had all my wisdom teeth pulled in the hospital.  I am sure that everything will be ok. I am scared because, one of the possible side effects is that my voice will change, the surgeon may have to go near the vocal cords to get to my thyroid gland and the thought of my voice permenantly changing frightens me.

*sigh*

9 comments:

Chayah October 5, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

*hugs* everything will be fine and you will be in my prayers.

Anonymous,  October 5, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

Stay positive, don't even concern yourself with possible negatives. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Shannie (akaSolidice242) October 6, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

It is a scary thing getting your thyroid removed, two years ago I had considered doing the surgery but I got scared and opted to do RAI instead. I have to read back to learn more about your situation but i am sure you will be in good hands. I will keep you in my prayers good luck with the surgery...

Anonymous,  October 6, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know everything will be fine. Sending hugs& kisses your way. :-)

Ro October 6, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

BIG OLE” CYBER HUGZ Haneefa.
You'll be fine....good news is I know 2 people who have had the surgery and they are happy they did. One has lost so much weight due to it and the other is fine.
I know you must be frightened but say a prayer and I will too.
Keep us posted K

Tammy October 6, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

I have a thyroid problem too. May have to have mine removed one day. Try not to be frightened...lean on the Lord..He's the only one who can provide true peace. I'll be praying for you and I know the surgery will be a breeze and you'll be back at it in no time at all. Big hugs. :)

Monique October 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Hang in there. Everything will be ok. I've had surgery before and as scary as it was, I stayed focused on the long term benefits. I'll say a prayer for you.

Anonymous,  October 6, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

Hello to everyone

I apreciated this great project here,I don´t know if you are into Poker Online, I passed here to see if there is anyone that can give me a help, cause I found a free poker money bonus on http://www.english.pokersemdeposito.com/ for Ultimate Bet the problem is I´m confused where to start playing ! heads up or Double or Nothing? wath should I Play and wath stakes?Cause Ido not learned much Pokerstrategy!

Good Night

cilla October 7, 2010 at 5:26 AM  

Aww i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers sweetie,i know you will do great,stop by sometime .hugs cilla

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates