How Low Can You Go

5K Race: Interesting Conditions

>> Saturday, October 2, 2010

Today I ran another 5K race, this one was completely different from any of the other races I have done:

  1. It was on the grass in a park
  2. Since it has been raining for the last week so the grass was very wet
  3. There was alot of mud
  4. Hills, hills and more hills
I finished in 33:04, not bad considering the conditions.  I was second to last in my age category, but came in around 45/60.  Honestly satisfied with how I did.  I need to invest in some:
  1. running gloves
  2. long sleeved dry fit material shirts
  3. better socks
Hope that you are having a nice weekend!  Tomorrow is a 9k run, YIKES!

4 comments:

michelle October 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

Congrats! on your run. I have just begun to train for my first 5k and my legs are sore. Any advice? Also I forgot to post my results for the weight lost challenge. I am sorry to say I remained the same for the first week :( I will try to do better next week.

Peace1

LC October 2, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

Hmmm, this race almost sounds like a trail run race. They can be a challenge, but are always fun. Good overall time!!

Chayah October 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

WOW very interesting conditions indeed but congrats MissH!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates