How Low Can You Go

Featured Challenger: Melissa @ Get Healthy With Melissa

>> Tuesday, October 5, 2010


Each week I will feature one of the 15 in 15 Challenge participants, so that we can get to know each other better ;) This week I am featuring Melissa from Get Healthy With Melissa.  I emailed Melissa a few questions and these are her answers:

Why are you in this challenge?   
 I'm in this challenge to lose weight of course, but also to be a healthier person overall. This challenge is just one of the steps in my healthy weight loss journey. 
What are the top 5 things you did this week to help you loss weight? 
The five things I did this week to help me lose weight was:

  1.  Tracked my food 
  2. Exercised 
  3. Stayed focused
  4. Skipped all sweets (even low fat or sugar free ones)
  5. Drank more water. 

What is the best piece of advice you can give to challengers? 
The best advice is to not to give up!! No mater what the scale is doing, you have to keep eating right and exercising and the weight will come off. 
What keeps you motivated? 
Looking in the mirror definitely helps keep me motivated, LOL!! There are so many cute outfits and clothes that I would like to wear but don't feel comfortable wearing because of my weight. When I picture myself in a sexy little black dress that definitely motivates me. Also, all of my wonderful blogging buddies really inspire and motivate me. Whenever I feel like eating a pint of Ben& Jerry's ice cream, I turn to my blogging family.
Favorite healthy meal/snack? 

Favorite healthy meal is egg plant parmesan!! Absolutely love it!! This is definitely a dish where you can load up on all types of veggies and it's very filling. I even omit the cheese when I make mine and it's still delicious. You can't go wrong with this dish! 


Thank you so much Melissa!  If you are reading this can you post a copy of the Eggplant Parmesan recipe on your site?  Thank you in advance.


I hope that you are all having a great week!  I am up in the scale, but I am trying to deal with that by Friday.

5 comments:

Ro October 5, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

Loves it!!!
Melissa was a great person to feature and the questions were great.
Can't wait to read more!

Single Sassy and Saved October 5, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

Aw! I am excited to read about everyone who is participating! Oh and I would love to see that recipe.

Chayah October 5, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

Great post MissH! Melissa's advice is always good and I love what she she said here. I'm waiting on that eggplant parm recipe too! mmm..
Have a great week! :)

Anonymous,  October 6, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

Thanks ladies!!! I will post the recipe very soon.

Unknown October 7, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

What a great idea. Thanks for introduced us to Melissa.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates