How Low Can You Go

15 in 15 Challenge: Week One Advice

>> Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."-Buddha


First of all let me congratulate all the participants who posted their numbers.  If you have not sent me your lose/gain for week 1 please do so.

A BIG FELICITATION! (congratulations in french) to all the participants who lost this week.  I am so proud of all of you.  You are working hard and I know that this is going to be a great experience for all of us!  High five to Melissa who is the Star of the Week, she lost 4 pounds!  If you did not lose, do not worry!  This is only the first week, you are getting into the groove of things and I am sure that next week you are in for bigger and better things.  DO NOT GIVE UP!  The fact that you are here is already half the battle!

This week's quote (I am going to post a motivational quote each week), reminds us that we must focus on today.  I know that we all saw,"I will get back on track tomorrow".  Try to focus on the now, correct your mistakes immediately.  This is a journey, but it takes focus and planning each day to get where you want to be.

Here are a few exercise tips:
  • If you have a muffin top....try oblique crunches
  • If you have droopy breasts ...try inclined dumbbell presses
  • Backside bra bulge...try seated rows
  • If you have a flat butt ...squats
  • If you have thick thighs...try walking lunges

If you do not know how to do any of the mentioned exercises, just youtube them and you will see a video on how to perform them.  Remember to do 10-15 repetitions and 2-3 sets.

Nutrition is a HUGE part of weight loss, this is the part that I struggle with the most.  When people ask me how I have lost the weight, I always say that I now actually WATCH what I eat.  We really need to be mindful of what we put in out mouths.  if you are conscious of your portion sizes, do a little research and see what the portion sizes of different foods should be.  You will be shocked when you see that the mountain of pasta on your plate is actually 4 portions!  Try to have a veggie with each meal. At supper, half your plate should be veggies.

This week's Bonus Challenge: Sunday night, prepare what workouts you will do this week.  Try to be active at least 3 times for an hour, if you can combine cardio and strengh training. If you have a blog post what you will do.  If you do not have  a blog write it down your activities and post it on your fridge

Have a wonderful weekend and on to WEEK 2! 

11 comments:

Anonymous,  October 2, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

Thanks & Congrats Melissa

Anonymous,  October 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

Congrats everyone. I'll post my workout plan for the week on my blog. Look for it tomorrow.

Shannie (akaSolidice242) October 2, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

Thanks for the encouragement i really needed it I am going to exercise right after this post. Congrats Melissa and everyone else taking part!

Anonymous,  October 2, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

You are a fantastic challenge holder so far!!! I LOVE the bonus challenge and the quote! Thanks sooo much for doing this! I really needed the motivation. Head over to my blog to check out my work-out schedule for next week and tell me what you think of it! :)

Single Sassy and Saved October 2, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

Congrats Melissa and everyone!!!! I am excited about this support system that we are building. I am so excited for Fridays now.

michelle October 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

Congrats! to everyone. I will post my workout plan for next week on my blog. (Great idea gurl!) I know next week we will all CRUSH IT!

Trina October 3, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

After weeks of struggling I lost 5 lbs this week! 5 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I can keep the momentum going!

Shellabelle October 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Thanks for the encouragement! You have me listed on the sidebar as gaining 1.2 pounds, I actually lost 1.2. Thanks!

Chayah October 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

Friggen outstanding! Love it!

Anonymous,  October 4, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Congratulations to everyone!! and thanks!!Miss Haneefa, thanks for star of the week!! You are too sweet!! Hopefully I will have a great week again this week. With all the great advice you just gave us, I'm sure I will! I'm going to do those walking lunges today.

Oh and check your email. I sent you an email.

Girlventures October 5, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

I lost 1.5 pounds, back at where I started lol ;)

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates