How Low Can You Go

Workin' The Pole

>> Sunday, August 15, 2010


I went to a bachelorette this weekend and it was extremely fun.

We did an hour and a half pole dance lesson.  Can I just say pole dancing IS NOT A JOKE!  I have a new respect for strippers, they deserve every dollar that they get.  The amount of strength that is required to work that pole is unbelievable and they are truly athletes.

Today, I have bruises and pain in places that I have not had pain in a long time.  I am more sore than and weight training workout.  My arms, my core, my inner thighs are on fire and so sore.  This comes from all the lifts and spins that we learned.  Our teacher was amazing, she was thick and about 5'10", yes she has cellulite but she could work that pole like anyone else.  She could hold herself up on the pole without holding on with her hands.  As for a workout I was sweating up a storm.


I liked this so much, that I am looking for a place that I can pole dance in my city.  I would love to do this once a week.


Fun Times! As you can tell I like to dress up.
As for eating, two thumbs down.  Cheetos, M & M's, alcohol. I will have to get back on track tomorrow.

I have a race on Wed., I am hoping to do it in under 33 minutes, 31 minutes would be nice.

This Sunday's workout song is Taio Cruz, "Dynamite"


Enjoy!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  August 16, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

Sounds like tons of fun!! Glad you had a good time!

Previously Plump... in progress August 16, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

I've always wanted to try the pole dancing thing - I've heard it's a great work out... Looks like you had an awesome time.

Keep up the awesome work :)

And yes, I do live in Canada - not that far from Toronto.

erica August 16, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

Sounds like a blast! I so want to take a pole dancing class!!

xo

Tammy August 16, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

WOW!!! You go girl...work that pole!!! I could never do it in a million years....I watched a video and thought about it...for about 2 seconds...and decided I just don't have it in my to be swinging my hoo hoo around like that, lmao....glad you had fun! :)

LadyRoz August 16, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

pole danceing my kind of party

Anonymous,  August 17, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

I just took my first pole dancing class last night I totally agree with you how INTENSE IT IS! My arms felt like jello this morning! Even though I've been lifting for a while. I have bruises up and down my legs, it's kind of funny. But I seriously cannot wait to take another class! Find a studio around you if you can! I burned like 600 calories within the 50 min class!

michelle August 17, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

I'm glad you had fun. And its okay that you had a few sweets. It was a celebration after all. Good luck on your run.

PhluffyPrincess August 18, 2010 at 4:45 AM  

You and Trina @ MeSoHongry! LOL! I would LOVE to pole dance also! I've gotta get into a class!!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates