How Low Can You Go

Go Shorty It's Your Birthday!

>> Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today I am 30.  Wow.  As with any birthday, it is a time to reflect and to see where the next 30 years will lead me.  I decided to look at 30 things I have done and 30 things I want to do.

30 Things I Have Done:
  1. Lost 60 pounds
     March 2007--It all began here             Last weekend--Aug. 2010
     
    2. Lived in Japan for 2 Years
     
    3.Visited the Petronas Towers, one of the tallest structures in the world located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    4.Ran two 5K races and I am not stopping there
    5.Zip lining in Costa Rica
    6.  Snorkeling in Thailand
     
    7.Gazed at North Korea from South Korea
    8. Chilling with the snakes on Sentosa Island, Singapore
     
    9. Watched traditional dances in Bali
     
    10.  Amazed at peacocks crossing in Singapore
     
    11.  Meeting Lady Boys in Bangkok, Thailand (Yes, these individuals were born male)
    12. Cooking classes in Ubud, Bali
    13. At least 15 push ups
    14. Leg press 270 lbs (only about 6 times)
    15. Gone natural with my hair, and have learned to love it
    16. Visited Niagara Falls
     
    17. Played "mas" in Toronto`s Caribana
    18. Shot an AKA 47 in Vietnam
    19.  Crawled through the Cu Chi Tunnels in Vietnam, they had to make these tunnels larger for the tourists to go though (we are just to big).  Here is one of the original entrances.
    20. Meet The Roots in Japan
    21.  Have 2 degrees, Biology and Education
    22.  Made some great friends that will be with me for life
    23. Started a blog
    24.  Got stuck in an elevator and had to jump my way out.
    25.  Strolled though Central Park, NYC
    26. Can play the piano and the clarinet
    27.  Played rugby in college
    28.   Been to the top of the CN Tower
    30. Worn a sari
     30 Things I Want To Do
  1. Run a 10 K
  2. Improve my swimming
  3. Try hot yoga
  4. Lose another 40 pounds
  5. Play mas in Trinidad Carnival
  6. Travel to Turks and Caicos
  7. See the Eiffel Tower
  8. Learn another language (or 2)
  9. Travel to an African country
  10. Get married
  11. Have 2 kids
  12. Own my own place
  13. See kangaroos in Australia
  14. Ride a camel to the pyramids in Egypt
  15. Visit Dubai
  16. Do a pull up
  17. Become a personal trainer
  18. Complete a triathlon (or a marathon)
  19. Live abroad again
  20. Become vegetarian
  21. Take some painting classes
  22. Learn to Tango
  23. Attend a figure competition (not as a contestant)
  24. Lay on the beaches in Greece
  25. Learn to change a tire
  26. Go to an NBA game
  27. See Mary J. Blige in concert
  28. Ride a gondola in Italy
  29. Learn to scuba dive
  30. Go to the Olympics, Summer please
  31.  
Wow, funny that the things I want to do list took me half the time as the things I have done list.  Thanks for sharing this day with me.

16 comments:

Crys August 12, 2010 at 2:32 AM  

Happy Birthday, beautiful girl! I love the idea of 30 things you've done and 30 goals for the future! Brilliant. I have no doubt you'll accomplish them all. Enjoy your day!

Previously Plump... in progress August 12, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS!!!!

Thanks for the award :D
Wow - you've done some pretty amazing things in the past 30 years!!! There's a ton of things on your 'done' list that I would love to do. (I've also been ziplining in Costa Rica - isn't it a GORGEOUS country?!)

And FYI - you look stunning in that first picture from last weekend, I love love love your outfit.

Keep up the great work ladycakes, and I hope you have a fantastic Birthday ;)

Anonymous,  August 12, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

Happy Birthday! Wow what an amazing life you have so far and your just 30, Wonderful!!

Ro August 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope your day is WONDERFUL!

Your list was awesome and you've traveled places many will never see. How wonderful!
Your new list is inspiring and totally friggin’ great.

*hugs from Houston*
Have a great day Haneefa!

Shea August 12, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Happy Birthday! My 30th is in a few weeks, I think I am going to do this for my blog as well. Great idea. You have done some awesome things! I love that shari!

M August 12, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

What a wonderful 30 years! Happy Birthday, and you are looking amazing! I'll be here every step of the way through the rest of your journey!

LC August 12, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

HAPPY B-DAY!! May God grant you to have many more!!

cilla August 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

Happy birthday,i hope you have a wonderful day,stop by soon cilla

GFS August 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

First of all happy birthday...and I am officially jealous of you! As I went down your list I started to look for a vein to slit my wrist because I haven't done anything as exciting as you have! And I am older than you!

You are a travel bug!! I love it!

And you had me with the sari! I am absolutely obsessed w Indian culture!

Gorgeous Puddin August 13, 2010 at 3:50 AM  

Happy B-day! That was the most amazing list of accomplishments I've ever read! You've had an amazing life. WOW!!!!

Corletta August 13, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Happy Birthday Ma'am!!! Reading this post was freakin inspiring. You have been to so much of the world. I am JEALOUS :) I love that you are so outgoing. Hopefully, I, too, will have a long list of great things that I have done by the time I am 30!!!

erica August 14, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Happy Belated Birthday Girly!!! You look absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on all your achievements!

xo

LadyRoz August 16, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhluffyPrincess August 18, 2010 at 4:49 AM  

Happy Belated Bday!!!! I love your life. Seriously. I love ALL the things you have done, it is amazing and you are only 30! I want to do every single thing you have already done and all you WILL do!

LeeLee September 7, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

I absolutely Loved this post!!!
Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates