How Low Can You Go

My Second 5K and Workout Song Sunday

>> Sunday, August 8, 2010

Today I ran my second 5K.  This one used chip timing.  Chip timing for those who do not know, is a plastic device that is placed on your shoe, that records your time as your cross the finish line. This race was a bit different than the last one, as in the people in this race were hardcore runners and there were so many more people in the race (at least 150). This race was really hard for a number of reasons.  We ran over an overpass and there was a hill at the end.  When I train on my own, there are no hills and if there is one it is not that steep.  The weather was not that great, it was about 22 degrees C and it was drizzling.  Nevertheless, I finished with a time of.......

33:08

WOOOOHOOOOO! I beat my last race time by 4 and a half minutes!   Can you believe it?  To think that I have only been running for about 2 and a half months,  I am very proud of myself.  The sad thing is that I finished 35/42 in my age category (30-39), but who really cares about that.

I am going to make myself a breakfast burrito, I have been in the mood for one in awhile.

This week's workout song is not that new, but I rediscovered it in Toronto. This is the remix, Enjoy!

8 comments:

Crys August 8, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

22 degrees? Where are you! That's an awesome time! I did a 5K a few months ago and you've got me beat by a good 20 minutes. Can't wait to do another!

Chayah August 8, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

And you should be proud! You are killing those races, kudos!

Anonymous,  August 8, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

That is great!! Congrats on beating your time by 4 mins!!

LC August 8, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

Congrats on your time!

Corletta August 9, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Girl...shaving 4 minutes off of your time is IMPRESSIVE. You know what that means? You are becoming a more fit athlete!!! Go girl :)

michelle August 10, 2010 at 3:11 AM  

Congrats! what a accomplishment!

LeeLee September 7, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

That is a huge accomplishment!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates